Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where has the week gone?

******Warning: Long Post******

The past week has been quite busy. In addition to the transition of moving, I have taken on another challenge, dog-sitting. It is supposed to be a few months, but with the difficulty of sitting a 1 year old pup that isn't potty trained very well, the owner (who is working out of town for a few months) has left me the option to take her to the humane society. I don't think I can do that, so I am in the process of trying to find her a good home with kids that will keep her busy as I am barely home except for a few hours in the evening.

However, here's what my week look like for workouts.... it's definitely not up to par, but I kept myself busy:
Monday - Rest
I cleaned out my apartment. That was enough work itself.
Tuesday - 2.92 mile run outside
I met with my apartment rental company and did the final walk through. I handed in my keys and was happy to be done with renting!
Wednesday - 2 mile walk with the dog
I also got a flu shot. I usually don't get a flu shot but I have already been sick, bad, once this year, I might as well give it a shot.
Thursday - 2 mile walk with the dog
Friday - 2 mile walk with the dog
Saturday - shopped and painted - that's gotta count for something!
Today - 3.05 mile run in approximately 36 minutes. It was a lovely day, about 60 degrees and no wind. The run was very slow but no walk breaks were necessary, again! Afterwards, I took the dog for a 1 mile walk before heading out to run some errands.




Family Time:
This weekend my parents, as well as my sister and brother-in-law were in town again. Friday night we headed up to Grand Forks for the Sioux's first home hockey game - against the Wisconsin Badgers. The game was awesome and the Sioux finished off with a win, 3-2.

Saturday morning we were back in Fargo as I was expecting furniture to arrive that morning. After my couch and love seat arrived, we ran a few errands and did some shopping for a shower curtain and other bathroom stuff to go in the master bath. I picked up more paint, some for the bathroom, and then some for the basement. The master bathroom is finished and I will wait to paint to basement living room and hallway next weekend.

It was so nice to have family helping me with all this work. It sure makes it go by faster and it has been pretty fun to share this transition with them. Once I get the rest of the painting finished, I will post more pics.




Awards:
Over a week ago I was given two blogger awards from Ms. Math.

The first:

Now the rules! Link back to the person who gave it to you and then award 10 other blogs!

Steph and Blaine
Wes

Chad
Jess
D10
Kelsalynn
Steve
Beachrunner411
Javamom
Sherry

The second:


Now the rules! List six things you value, six things you don't value, and then award six more people! Here goes!

Things I Value:

  1. My family
  2. My health and happiness (they go hand in hand)
  3. My job/career
  4. my own home
  5. Friends (including all my wonderful readers!)
  6. Sleeping - I have to agree with Steph on this one. Definitely love my sleep!

Things I Don't Value:

  1. both MN and ND campaign ads. It's bad enough having to listen to all those ads, but when you live in Fargo, you get both MN and ND. Double wammie.
  2. whiners
  3. difficult parents - work related.
  4. Negative attitudes. I am agree with Ms. Math here. It's one thing to be negative about things once and a while, but I don't see how some people can go around looking at everything as if the "glass is half empty".
  5. cooking dinner for 1.
  6. The war - I agree with Steph. again.

People I award:

  1. Lisa
  2. Runner Susan
  3. Frayed Laces
  4. See Bride Run
  5. M*J*C
  6. Viv


October in Review:
I can't believe October has come and gone. I did my best to bring about more Breast Cancer Awareness and hope all has found some of the information beneficial. Now it is time to look back at the digits and look ahead to November.

Let's compare those numbers:

  • SWIM - 12,450M..................8100M in September
  • BIKE - 73.05 miles..............48.62 miles in September
  • RUN - 22.94 miles................25.99 miles in September

I don't have much to comment on this. It's been a busy month, plain and simple. With that in mind, I think the month was pretty decent. Deep down inside, I wish I could have broke 30 miles of running, but once again that didn't happen. Maybe in November.

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend! I look forward to spending the rest of the evening catching up on all your blogs and watching some football! Yay!

24 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you have been busy! great month considering what you've been up to! :D

Anonymous said...

I like the new blog look! Hockey, how fun. My High School has produced several NHL players. I use to be really into hockey, but haven't been to see a game in over a year.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

thank you for the award!!! IM HONORED!!

Runner Susan said...

yay, an award! Thank you, I never get awards. You've got your priorities straight!

N.D. said...

You have alot going on! I like the awards and how you broke everything down, and the month in review! Have a good week!

Badgergirl said...

Busy month! Hockey...very fun. Glad you had a good time, even though I would have liked a Badger victory. :)

Mendy said...

You've been SOOOOO busy since I last checked in on you. BIG congrats on the house! The pictures were great.

Sherry said...

You have been a busy bee... and here I thought I was the only one going insane these past few weeks! It's good to know that we aren't alone in the world, huh?

Thank you SO much for the blog award! Very cool! I'll dedicate a post to it the next time I conjure up one. :o)

Hope your toes aren't frozen yet!

SavvyFitChica said...

Yes, you've had a very busy month and now you're adding dog-sitting to it! Crazy! You're superwoman!

Your blog looks great and in October, I found the breast cancer awareness info insightful!

Good luck achieving your Nov goals- I'll be right here cheering you on!!! Thanks for the award!

aggiedad77 said...

Sounds like a busy month, great effort on the workouts.

Thanks for stopping by.

Marcy said...

Whooooaaa Momma you've been busy that's for sure! It's always nice to have the fam help ;-)

Jess said...

Thanks for the award!! Cool.

Sounds like things have been really hectic there. Hopefully you get some time to relax soon.

Unknown said...

Considering how much you have had going on, I think your workout totals are great.

Thanks for the award.

BeachRunner said...

Thank you for the award, that is so sweet of you. I really enjoy reading your blog and appreciate the shout out. What a busy month and week you have had. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Keep up the great work!!

Laurel said...

Don't feel bad about the running! It looks like you have been so busy!

There is always next month!

Neese said...

ohh please post pics of the dog! :)

Anonymous said...

Woooo-eeee! You have been a busy lady! Hopefully things will settle now that you are moved in. Happy November!

Wes said...

That's a good week of running!! You are one super busy chica!! Thanks for the award!

I also very very very very much appreciate all of your support on this Iron journey! It meant so much to me :-)

Stef0115 said...

Good luck finding a home for the dog. I agree with Chad, your workout totals are great considering you have moved and had a lot of other stuff going on. A little relaxation time for you couldn't hurt?

Looking forward to more pictures of the house.

Unknown said...

Thx for the award - that will give me something to blog about later in the week.

You've definately been busy. Can't believe you've been in charge of a dog on top of everything else.

Michelle said...

Wow TW, you are one busy girl!!!

I think its great you are trying to find a home for the pup!!!

J~Mom said...

AN AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! Thanks!!

Runner Leana said...

Those are great totals for October, especially considering how much stuff you've had going on. Great job!

Viv said...

Wow busy month and you still managed to increase those numbers. Oh, so I am catching up with you and I see that we might have the same road bike....Trek 2100?? I must be a freak cause I got all excited LOL! Thanks for the award. I am honored to to have it considering i am a terrible blogger lately :-)