Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanks Trek

First of all, some of you have inquired more information about my Wordless Wednesday post. Yes, I am a HUGE Tarheel's fan, beyond belief. Some of you have asked my connection to the 'heels, but the truth is I am just a huge fan and have been for as long as I can remember. Thanks to my love of basketball and my Dad. Michael Jordan was a Tarheel, and he was a rockstar when I was a kid! And.... Tyler Hansbrough is awesome.... need I explain further?

The week has gone by extremely fast and I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already! It's been one crazy busy week at work and I couldn't be more excited for a weekend of ... well, anything but work. Blech.


About a month ago I received an email from Trek. Supposedly they had extra t-shirts from the Breast Cancer Awareness Ride and was wondering if I wanted one. Well, of course I did and I let them know right away!


I forgot about the t-shirt until yesterday when I found a big envelop from Trek in my mailbox. Unfortunately it wasn't a t-shirt and instead, they sent me a hat. One of thosebeanies with the brim. Now I am not much of a hat person and I really struggle with trying to pull it off ... see?!




But I thank Trek, once again, for the wonderful gift! I can't wait to do the ride again next year!


I didn't make it for my 5am long(er) run this morning. I went to bed last night with very tight muscles (due to lack of stretching - scold me now), and a sore achilles on my right leg. On top of that, my youngest sister decided to text me pictures. waking me well after 11 last night. So, today I rest, because my workday left me extremely worn out and mentally drained. Tomorrow morning I will try again. A few of us plan to head for apps and taps after school tomorrow, so that will be enough to motivate me out of bed in the morning!

I want to shout out to Laurel and N.D. running the Philadelphia Marathon this weekend! Good luck!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

I *heart* your new hat. What a nice gift. :-)

Unknown said...

I *heart* your new hat. What a nice gift. :-)

aggiedad77 said...

Lisa has a stutter....

The hat and the smile are great!!

Good luck with running tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to running long here on Saturday morning, it will be cold in the 20's probably and maybe windy...that sucks....

BeachRunner said...

You look great in the stylin hat!

Anonymous said...

I think the hat suits you well.

P.O.M. said...

That hat is adorable and you can TOTALLY pull it off!!

Laurel said...

I love the hat! It looks so cute on you!

Thanks for the shout-out. :)

M*J*C said...

You look super cute in your hat!! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Belated congrats on the PR! Happy TGIF!

Wes said...

Oh, that's a HAWT look for you, and definitely an excellent gift for a northern gal like you!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Love that hat! :)

Unknown said...

How are getting people to just give you free stuff? I need in on this.

David said...

That hat freakin rocks! I totally want one.

SavvyFitChica said...

Take a rest- but keep the hat on it because I think it looks hella trendy! I don't know what you're talking about- it looks great on you and totally works.

Kelsalynn

Neesha and Dustin said...

That hat rocks! I totally dig it!

Anonymous said...

I really like the new hat and it looks great on you. Perfect for the cooler temps too.

ChillyJ said...

I didn't get an email from Trek?! They didn't send me a t-shirt or hat:( I see how I rate! Lucky you

Viv said...

OHHHH I love it! You are so pulling it off!!
Enjoy your weekend....

Jess said...

I think the hat looks great!

ncrunner12 said...

I was sorry to hear you're a tarheels fan, I really thought we could be friends.

Carolina John said...

First, you can totally pull off the hat! how pretty!

And i will try not to hold your unc fandom against you. my wife's family all went to nc state, but my best friend at work grew up in chapell hill. So i straddle the fence.

Unknown said...

You can route for any college team you want...

...as long as it isn't Duke! ;-)

Marcy said...

Hey a hat will do you some good in your neck of the woods LOL

N.D. said...

I think you look good in the hat!! You can pull it off! Hope you got motivated to go run this morning, that would help me too (going out after school). Thanks for the good luck!!

Holly said...

I think the hat looks super cute!

Kevin said...

That is great that they did that. It looks good on you

Danielle said...

I think the hat looks really cute on you. And hey, you live where it's cold. If nothing else wear it running outside!

Michelle said...

Love the hat and you look great in it!

J~Mom said...

Super cute hat!!! I like it!