Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fighting the pain

Last night, while I was getting ready for the next day, I felt the signs of a migraine. I knew that ibuprofen wouldn't make a difference so I pulled out the all-mighty Excedrin Migraine. I rarely resort to this, and try to stay away from any other form of pain releivers if I can, but I knew that if I didn't take something, I would wake with the same pain, if not worse.

This was at 8pm.

I started to notice the pain reducing about an hour later while trying to fall asleep in bed. But, I tossed, and turned, and tossed, and turned. I almost wanted to cry myself to sleep. I just couldn't fall asleep. The last time I looked at my clock was 11:30 and I know for a fact that I continued to toss and turn for a good hour after that.

Could the 65mg of caffiene really have affected me that much?

I was so angry. You don't want to see me with only 5.5 hours of sleep. I am not a bear, but I am not up to par either.

And when I woke this morning, the pain was only 75% gone. And when I got to work, my first 2 hours of the day was complete chaos, dealing with one particular student. I thank my other students for going about their business, working independently, in a time of crisis.

I am off to do some painting. Not on the walls... but on canvas. I can't wait to get back into this hobby.



Yesterday's Workout: 1600M Swim
Today's Workout: Run 1.55 miles, 18:00, 11:36/mile;
Bike 15.8 miles, 44:00, 21.54mph

Today's Song: Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care

22 comments:

Badgergirl said...

I feel your migraine pain. Literally. It's a pain I know all too well. I hope you're feeling a bit better and that the painting was relaxing!

Unknown said...

I've never had a migraine...knock on wood...but I can't imagine how a migraine followed by lack of sleep due to migraine meds could make for a happy Stacy

Holly said...

I get so hyped up on Excedrin Migraine! I can take it at 8:00 in the morning and not fall asleep that night! I'm apparently a caffeine lightweight.

Stef0115 said...

Hey girl! I hear you on the sleep issue! Hope you are feeling better really soon.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

heyy:)
hang in there love! Enjoy the new hobby

I Run for Fun said...

I am so sorry...migraines are such killers! Hope you feel better now. Enjoy your painting.

Anonymous said...

Hope the migraine is gone. enjoy the painting.

Brianna said...

Oh, I can relate - caffeine and I are NOT friends (even small amounts of chocolate do me in) and I know how hard it is to work with kids when you're not feeling up to par. Teaching is not a profession that works well for the sick! I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Mendy said...

I'm lucky... never had to deal with migraines but understand it's the worst pain. I'm sorry. Take it easy.

Michelle said...

Sorry about your migraine. I am not sure but i think i read somewhere that running helps migraine pain?? Or am i totally wrong about that because the last thing you would want to do is run with a migraine right??

Hope your feeling better girlie!!

Unknown said...

I can relate to your struggle with the one student. I had the same problem that seemed like it lasted all week long last week.

Jess said...

I don't get migraines but I do keep Excedrine on hand for the tough headaches, and yeah, that caffeine can affect you!

Viv said...

Yea had to be the caffine...I hope you are migrane free. Enjoy the painting I bet it has to be relaxing.

Awesome bike, chickie!!

BeachRunner said...

Sorry to hear about your migraine and bad night, Teachy. Happy painting and I hope today is a better day for you. :)

Marcy said...

I can't relate to migraine headaches but I TOTALLY can relate to lack of sleep. At least you aren't all crazy psycho :-X ((HUGS))

Carolina John said...

yea the excedrin migraine does contain some caffeine. I take it in the morning with a cup of coffee when i wake up with a headache. not fun. but then, neither is painting. good luck!

Aron said...

migraines are NOT fun :( my mom gets them allll the time and i have had a couple... hope you are feeling better now!

Wes said...

I hate nights like that. Hope tonight is better!!

Shannon said...

Headaches suck......I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better I only had 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I had to many things running through the brain. I had lots o Starbucks today, then Diet Coke.

I hope you have a better night.

N.D. said...

Hope you are feeling better!! good job on the latest workout! hope you get to rest up tonight or this weekend!

J~Mom said...

Argh! Sorry to hear about the migraine!

akshaye said...

I hate it when I cant sleep either. I just dread the alarm clock ringing and having the feeling that this day is gonna suck. Hope the migrane does not return.