Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!



Here's the "Top 5" things I am thankful for:
  • Being financial aware and stable - living in my own home with food on the table, clothes on my back, and heat in the winter.
  • Being able to spend holiday's with my parents, sisters, and brother-in-law.
  • My health and happiness, as well as my family's and friend's
  • My career, which is so much more than a job and very rewarding on a daily basis
  • Being surrounded by such good people everyday... family, friends, co-workers, students, and you all

This morning we decided against doing the annual Turkey Trot this year. It doesn't start until 9am and we wanted to be able to help out around the house before our 30+ guests arrive before noon! So, Steph, Dad, and I went out for a nice 3 mile run earlier! Now, I must shower and help Mom while Steph and Dad are off getting us Starbucks!

Have a great Thanksgiving, y'all!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

It's nice you got to go for a casual 3 mile run before prepping for the holiday madness. :-)

Sara said...

What a great start to Thanksgiving!
Have a great one! Eat some turkey for me (we already had Thanksgiving last month).

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds as though it will be a busy one!

Lily

Badgergirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

that is fun that you had your own little family turkey trot so you could help your mom out!
Happy Thanksgiving.

N.D. said...

Happy thanksgiving!! great thoughts of thankfulness!nice family run too!

Wes said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! {hugs}

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Kevin said...

Happy Thanksgiving

Ms. V. said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

L*I*S*A said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Lora said...

Hope your Turkey day was wonderful!

Jess said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

Thank you very much. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

hepsmom said...

You asked about the fasting thing. I had a link, but it was the same color as the text. Here it is: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/intermittent-fasting/fast-way-to-better-health/. There are others, just google intermittent fasting. The guy in this link has the most credibility to me.

Sherry said...

Hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Wow! 30+ people... that's so awesome! The more, the merrier! :o)

Marcy said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving chica!

Great list ;-)

Brianna said...

I like your (new??) photo! Glad you got in your run and enjoyed the holidays, too.

Neesha and Dustin said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! And have I mentioned yet that I LOVE this new picture of you? You look wonderful! :)

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great relaxing weekend. So true about your career.

Unknown said...

Nice list. youhad your own family fun run.

Michelle said...

Hey TW!!! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!!!

I ran a 5 miler turkey trot!! Check out my report here:

http://runningdowndreams.wordpress.com/

Carolina John said...

that is a lot to be thankful for. good job, enjoy the holiday!

BeachRunner said...

Good stuff homie. Backatcha!!