Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4 on the 4th

We were given permission to leave work as soon as the kiddos were off and on the bus. That means, I was able to leave work today shortly before 3pm! Even though I had enough to keep me busy well into the evening, I had a burning itch to get in a decent run prior to the sun going down.

When I left work the weather was in the mid-50's and overcasting. It actually looked like it was going to rain within the half hour. Despite the forcast of rain, I hurried home, let the pup out, changed, put her back in her kennel (if she was potty trained I would have just let her roam), and headed out.

The plan, or hope, was to do 4 miles (4 on the 4th). I didn't wear my garmin and I didn't take time to map a route prior to heading out, so I just played the time game, stretching my 3 mile loop, and hoping that I went far enough. When I got back to the corner of my block, I was ready to be done but looked at my watch and new from experience and my pace, that I definitely didn't do 4 miles. It took everything in my to turn that corner, go down a few more blocks and make another small loop.

When I got home I let the pup out, and took her for a quick 1 mile walk, finishing just before the rain started to fall.

The results of the run? 4 miles exactly. I was able to do another successful run with NO walk breaks and finished in just under 12 minute miles!

I wore my favorite fall running outfit ... my bright pink/fuchsia, long-sleeved, wick-away Fargo Half Marathon shirt and Champion running capris from Target. It's just so comfortable! Unfortunately the temperatures are going to start dropping again in the next few days with snow and 40mph winds in the forcast. Time to bundle up...or get back into the gym...

What's your favorite fall running outfit?




Today's Workout: 4 mile run, 47:00, 11:45/mile average
Today's Song: John Mayer - "Free Fallin'"
(love this song!)

21 comments:

P.O.M. said...

I used to wear the same pink long sleeve shirt to run in for the fall. I'll tell ya - it sure stinks to high heaven now. I def need to get new cooler running gear.

Holly said...

I'm in need of some new workout clothes - I hate everything I have right now!

N.D. said...

Nice job getting in the run before the rain and the exact 4 miles!!!
That is nice you got to leave right away today! The only thing that I need is my hatphones :) So I like the cold weather!

Jess said...

Nice job on the 4 miler!

My fall running outfit is the same as my summer, spring, and winter outfit. Here in FL I don't alter my running clothes by much!

akshaye said...

Very nice 4 miler.. I am surprised schools were open. Our entire school district was closed here for the election!

Anonymous said...

I wish I got out early! Nice job getting the run in before the rain and for pushing yourself to go the extra way to hit 4 miles.

Carolina John said...

hey, great run! i'm also super digging on john mayer freefalling right now.

i just picked up a new fall running outfit, it kind of scares me. i might not be thin enough to pull it off.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what my fav fall running outfit is. I haven't been able to run recently and I don't remember from last year. :-(

BeachRunner said...

Nice job on the 4 miler, Teachy. And looking stylish while doing it too. :)

Marcy said...

CONGRATS on that 4 miler, chica! Very nice job ;D ;D

Jess said...

I was also considering a 4 on the 4th yesterday, but I was so done after 3, plus I couldn't see where I was going because it was pitch black.

Nice job getting your 4 in!

Anne said...

I have a few long sleeved technical shirts that I love to wear with a favorite pair of shorts. Yes, shorts. I don't break out the tights here until it's officially winter, and then only when completely necessary.

Glad you've got a half marathon in May to look forward to!

L*I*S*A said...

I don't know if I have a fave fall running outfit! I'm sure there's one in the drawer somewhere!

Unknown said...

It's nice getting out of work early and running, isn't it?

Fall running is still shorts and short sleeves here.

Runner Leana said...

4 miles, no walking? Great job! My favourite running outfit is probably a pair of Lululemon capris and a pink UA long sleeve top that I got for cheap from their outlet in Orlando. Too bad it is cooling off too much to wear it now!

Anonymous said...

Nice run! I'm glad you were able to get it in - in daylight! :)

My favorite fall running outfit is when it's warm enough to still wear shorts and short sleeves. (I think those days are gone for this year!)

Viv said...

I love my capri tights, even though I look terrible in them. LOL!
You look great on the pic below!

Great job on the 4 on the 4th. If you do 30 on the 30th I will think you have lost it ;-)

Congratulations on the house! How excting for you and the pictures of it...well it looks fantastic! May you have many happy memories in your new home!!

sunshine said...

my nike shorts and my gray, half-zip up long sleeve (brand is escaping me right now) and my nike visor. LOVE FALL RUNNING -- you can still wear shorts, love my long-sleeve without bundling up too much!

Gotta Run..... said...

I have a rule that it is runnig shorts for this girl unless the temps drop below 40 degrees.

Love the pink stuff.

Glad you got your 4 in and a walk with your dog :)

Brianna said...

I have a great yellow vest that goes over a basic white long-sleeved shirt. I stick with shorts as long as possible because I don't like the feeling of wet pant legs (out in Seattle it is wet most of winter - but thankfully not too terribly cold).

Way to go for getting in the full 4 miles! :)

Wes said...

That's a sweet fall run :-) I like to keep warm!! In colder weather, I look like the Michelin man!!