Day Two: Wonderful Co-workers
The elementary school I work at is full of wonderful teachers. But, this thanks go out to my team members, my special education team members. This group of ladies is one of the best things about working here, and I really enjoy working with all of them. You don't always see a team like ours get along as well as we do, helping out each other as much as we do, and share laughs as much as we do. All of the above makes the stressors of our job requirements very minimal. Thanks ladies!
I was unofficially tagged Carly @ Chubby Chicks Run Too tagged everyone who was interested. I figured it was time for another wonderful get-to-know-teacherwoman-aka-stacy-post!
1. If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be? I would have to say Shoop Noodla (fried potatoes and dough mixed in with half and half) or almost any pasta meal. I lurve me some pasta with lots of cheese, chicken, and a whole lot of veggies. Stuffed tortellini is my favorite! Mmmmm.....
2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I would love to sit down and have a good conversation with both of my grandmothers. My Grandma S. passed away when I was about 5 years old and the things I remember of her are limited. I remember the fake lemons she had on the dining room table and how their fragrance filled the air. Everything else I remember is from a few comments made here and there, and pictures of course. My Grandma K. passed away last year and it was an extremely hard loss. Both are deeply missed and I would love to sit down and converse over a cup of coffee and cookies. Both were great bakers.
3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started? I started blogging in 2004 when I first started running... consistently. I was hoping to do a fall half marathon with my dad, but we turned it into a 5K trail run instead. I started my first blog to be accountable of my training and learn from other runners. Not too long after that, I was came across a few triathlon bloggers and it's all got into the world of triathlons. Without blogging, and many of you bloggers out there, I probably would have never pushed myself as far as I have!
4. What is the one book you could read over and over again? I don't think I have ever re-read a book. I love to read, but there are so many unread books on my shelf that I would probably refrain from re-reading a book. If I choose to do so, it would probably be an easy read, such as any one of the Nicholas Sparks book.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Europe ... particularly Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Greece... who's taking me on this trip?!
6. If you could have a TV show on the Food Network, what would it be?
Horrible, that's what it would be. I don't do a lot of cooking, and most of the cooking I do do is from family recipes or recipes out on the interenet. I am not much of one to experiment in the kitchen... unless it's with baking.
7. What has the best meal you ever had?
I really don't know if I can narrow this down to one meal. If I had to choose, it would be my Grandma K. making Shoop Noodla. No restuarant meal could compare... evah.
8. Who has been the greatest influence on your love for food and learning to cook?
Did you read number 6? I don't really have a love for cooking, but baking can be a lot of fun at times. I would have to say my Grandma is my influence in that regards, I guess.
I am not going to tag a bunch of people... consider yourself tagged if you are interested in playing along!