Monday, August 9, 2010

Traveling fool

A few days after returning from our trip to Cali, I unpacked and repacked for a weekend with the girls.

Thursday afternoon I headed to the Twin Cities, arriving just as my sister got off work. We hurried to change into our cycling gear and mount the bikes on her car to meet up with a friend for a nice ride. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the path was gorgeous. It was a somewhat gravel path, with most of it squeezed between beautiful tall trees. Everything was so green! An hour later, and ten miles on the garmin, we were happy girls!

Friday morning, while my sister worked for a while, I got in a 3-miler on the treadmill. After grabbing lunch and running a few errands, it was time to pack things up for the weekend. We met up with some friends and were off to Wisconsin for a girlfriend's bachelorette party.

Friday night we enjoyed a couple drinks and many conversations while working through my Table Talk games. If you haven't played this before, it's great for conversation starters, especially when you don't know everyone. I have the original edition and the "girls night out" edition. Saturday we spent quite a bit of time out on the pontoon on Long Lake. We even got in a couple games of sand volleyball with some locals on the sandbar. The weather was gorgeous! That evening we spent a bit of time at a local bar and then back at the cabin enjoying some good conversation.

All in all the weekend was super fun and I was happy to make some great memories with the girls, but after 6+ hours in the car yesterday, I was ready to stay put for a bit. Well, at least a few days. I am heading back to the cities either Thursday night or Friday morning. I have my last triathlon of the 201o season... the YWCA Women's Sprint Triathlon.. and there's 4 of us doing it together!
(my sister and I at the bachelorette party)
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Sidenote: My sister started blogging again! Stop over at Today's Triumph and say hello! She's truly a rockstar!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love those table talk games.

Unknown said...

You're really taking advantage of your summer break! When does school start again?

Julie said...

What? You came to Minnesota and the weather was perfect!?! What day were you here...I has been so freaking hot:) Nice job on your bike ride!

I love the picture of you and your sister...you look fantastic:)

Today's Triumph said...

Ah, it was a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the shout-out too!

Badgergirl said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you enjoyed your trip to WI!

And now I'm heading over to pay a visit at your sister's blog.

Erika said...

Sounds like and amazing weekend! I love girls night out!!

Melissa said...

What a great picture!! You both look awesome!

That Table Talk thing sounds interesting. Where can I find one of those?

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Loved the picture of you and your sister! :)

Good luck this weekend!

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend! I always wanted a sister. You two look very close :)

Amanda said...

Cute pic:) Can't wait to see you and Jill this weekend. It's going to be a super fun tri!

Mom on the Run said...

Looks like such a great weekend? Are you getting ready for the dreaded "s" word yet?

RunToTheFinish said...

maybe you can help me out, i haven't had any triathletes sign up to win this wonderful pendant!

http://runtothefinishgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/08/triclique-pendant-giveaway.html

Jess said...

Oh my goodness, how do you do it? I think I would be too exhausted to move after all that traveling!

Unknown said...

I swear that I had followed you in Google a long time ago, and thought that you just hadn't posted in awhile, but then I realized I followed you on a different google account. Doh! I really appreciate all your comments, I've now followed you on the RIGHT account, so I'm now up to date! : )

Holly said...

Very cute picture of you and Steph!