So, here's a handful of things that have made me smile recently:
- My Students - When cleaning through student folders from last year, today, I opened one student's folder to find the following sentence written by one of my 5th graders (who will now be at the middle school): "Miss 'S' is a very nice teacher." I loved it - plus he used correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling - this was his writing folder after all.
- 2-fers - Yes, I said TWO-FERS. There's just something about getting in two workouts in ONE day! Yesterday I ran 3 miles in the morning, and then in the afternoon I biked 6 miles and did 45 minutes of Pilates. All felt sooooo good!
- Kind Words - all of your kind words/thoughts regarding my last triathlon. Thanks, everyone!
- Haircuts and colors - tonight I am going in for a cut and color. It probably could have waited another 3-4 weeks, but I wanted a fresh look and feeling prior to the start of school.
- Compliments - Why is it that some people have a hard time taking compliments?! Yesterday when leaving Pilates, one of the regulars was trying to remember who I was (since I had been there a few times before in June)... he asked if I had been doing some other training since I "looked pretty buff and in good shape".
- Start of a new school year - As much as I am sad to see this wonderful summer come to an end, I am excited to get back into a work routine and start teaching again. I have a feeling there are going to be a few changes this year, and I look forward seeing what this school year will bring!
Happy Tuesday, y'all!