Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. This weekend I will be participating in my last triathlon for 2010! - The YWCA Women's Triathlon in Minneapolis, MN. I will be participating in this event with my sistah and two friends. Because training has been minimal and not very organized this past month, I look forward to just going out there and having fun... soaking it all in. I am sure by Sunday night, I will be already thinking about what the rest of this year and 2011 will look like...

2. Two weeks from today I will be sitting in workshops. Gasp. Yes, that means two weeks from today I will be heading back to work. Three days of workshops and we start with the kiddos on the 31st. Am I ready for this? No. But, I know once I am back I will be okay with it... I think. Summer is really almost over.

3. Looking for a Challenge... After this weekend's triathlon, I don't have another race on my schedule. Thus, I am looking for a challenge. Something different. Something fresh. Any one doing anything special out there or have any ideas?

18 comments:

Marlene said...

Good luck and have fun at the tri! Should be great with all women.

WOW, crazy to think summer is almost over. I'm not complaining... I'm ready for it to cool down! If I was off work for the summer, I might have a different opinion...

Unknown said...

Have a great race this weekend.

A new challenge, huh? Hmmm. Any trail races out your way?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck at the race

Do you have any Muddy Muddy or Tough Mudder races in your area, those are a blast.

Anonymous said...

Rock your season finale!

Wes said...

Yay for tri-ing! Boo for last one and work! 10K swim? :-)

Being Robinson said...

good luck on your race this weekend, it is hard to believe summer is almost over! i start teaching fall semester NEXT WEEK. ridiculous. although i'm ready for the heat to be gone.

i'm excited to see what you decide to do next!

Holly said...

I cannot believe school is getting ready to start back up again!

Jess said...

Wow I can't believe it's almost time for you to go back to school. That's crazy. Where has the summer gone?

I am looking forward to a slight dip in the temps and tailgating season though. Yay for almost fall!

Anonymous said...

emjoy your last tri of the season...

Ms. V. said...

I started today! Wow, summer ended fast :)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I hope the tri goes well! I start on the 31st and I totally agree, I am not at all ready yet, ah!

Have you seen the triathlon type races that include kayaking in your area? I saw this recently and I was intrigued haha

Mom on the Run said...

Best of luck on the Tri! I will be thinking of you.

I start 2 weeks from tomorrow. Not looking forward to it either. Although I will love to have a "routine" back.

Badgergirl said...

Good luck on the tri this weekend!

Turbo Photographs said...

Wow! Good luck!!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Some friends and I have been thinking about putting together a beer mile run. Maybe that can be a fun idea for your race schedule. Anyone can host an event and have it posted on the website. :)

Anne said...

Best of luck this weekend at your final tri of the season.

J said...

Cannot believe that the summer is almost over and everyone is going back to school soon!! Hope the tri went well this weekend!

Ms Eva said...

Looking for a challenge? How about a 5000m swim - one of 3 Masters swims postal challenges?