I haven't been doing any "training", persay, since the sprint triathlon on August 15th. Swimming has taken a back seat with no laps accomplished thus far in the month of September. Yesterday, I realized that I only ran once last week - bringing this months miles up to a whopping 7.6.
Yes, for reals.
On the flip side, it's been nice to take time to get back into a routine with work, sleep, and just getting my rear to the gym on a regular basis. I have gotten in a handful of two-fers and more strength training than prior to school starting. I have been able to get to BODYPUMP class at least once a week, a yoga class, and some pilates.
I think the routine of working during the day has helped, immensely.
However, I am a person that feels like I can stay on top of my game if I have something to reach for; an event or race, or a challenge for that matter. I have been racking my brain the past couple of days, trying to figure out what it is I want to do. When October rolls around, I would love to be training for something or another and change things up a bit!
Here's some of the things coming up that I am thinking about:
- 9/18/10 - West Fargo 5K - this would be a last minute decision, and just for fun, if I am around this weekend.
- 10/9/10 - Fargo Mini Marathon 5K - This weekend I have company, but might be able to squeeze this run in while everyone is still fast asleep. :)
- 10/10/10 - Running Diva Mom's 10K Virtual Race
- 11/25/10 - 5K Turkey Trot - I haven't done this one in a few years because the race starts midmorning and my mom hosts Thanksgiving dinner - so I feel bad not helping out that morning...
- 12/4/10 - Jingle Bell 5K (Arthritis Foundation) - J and I have done this for the past couple of years. And even though it's dang cold out, we keep coming back for more. This year we are thinking about wearing costumes related to the holidays - so if you have any wonderful ideas, please share!
Also, I have seen a blogger or two mention the possibility of a challenge that they are putting together that I might be interested in participating in. And, I am thinking about either putting a virtual race in order for my 30th birthday...
What do you have coming up? Are you doing an personal challenges? Anybody willing to give me any ideas of how to change it up a bit and challenge myself?!