Thursday, September 2, 2010

8 down, 4 to go...wow

Well August was an unstructured month, that's for sure. And without structure, my workouts weren't the greatest, or as frequent as I would have liked. But, live and learn, right?!

Month in Review: August 2010
Swim - 6,200 Yds ...... 4,700 Yds in July
Bike - 95.05 miles ...... 98.23 miles in July
Run - 26.30 miles ...... 24.90 miles in July


Total Number of :
Swims - 4
Bikes - 7
Runs - 9 (including runs off the bike)
BodyPump Class - 1 (no wonder why I was so sore for days afterwards)
Pilates Class - 1
REST days - 16 (YIKES!)


Highlights of the month:
  • Doing a triathlon with my sister! I just wish it would have gone better!
  • Enjoying the last bit of summer.
  • Spending time with family and the BF.
  • Going back to work. Yeah, I am only a week in, so I can still say I am happy to be back. Check back next month to see how I feel about it. :)

Lows of the month:
  • Struggling through my last triathlon of 2010. So challenging, mentally and physically.
  • The high number of rest days. Some occured because I was just too lazy. You know how you get in the routine of not doing something for a couple days and then it's twice as hard to get back into workout mode? Yeah, that's what happened... multiple times.


Goals for September:
  • Not get sick. It seems like I have dealt with some sort of allergies/cold the first couple weeks of school and I don't like it one bit. My throat has felt pretty dry the past couple of days and my glands are swollen. Seriously?!
  • Plan better. This includes my meals, workouts, and everything else. If I can plan a bit better, I will have used my time more wisely. I think this will also keep me on my "A" game for workouts.
  • Enjoy the fall weather while we have it. When October comes, anything is possible in regards to 'weather'.
  • I was hoping to think of some sort of challenge for the month, but can't. However, I hope to get to Bodypump and Pilates class weekly. I hope to run 40+ miles this month, bike over 100 miles, and swim close to 10,000 Yds. We'll see!



Year To Date Stats:
Swim - 59,100 Yds
Bike - 759.85 miles
Run - 256.40 miles

20 comments:

Carly said...

Aug. was not such a great month for me either. It happens. :-)

Lisa said...

August was too 'eventful' for me. I say, bring on September! and good luck achieving your desired numbers for the month. :-)

Andrew Opala said...

September is still young!

Marlene said...

Kind of scary how fast the years seem to go by sometimes. Good luck with September. Staying healthy - yes please!!!

Mike Russell said...

You can get that distance. You can get a good head start over Labor Day Weekend!

Jess said...

It's easy to get sick right away when returning to the germ-fest that is a school!

Running Diva Mom said...

You still got out there and did it! Be proud of yourself. Hope September treats you well!

Scott Keeps Running said...

Summer isn't gone yet!!!

Is it? :(

Jess said...

Love you Sept. goals. Hope you manage to fight off that cold/allergy nonsense!

RockStarTri said...

Great goals. Go for it!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I still can't believe August is over. That means fall is just around the corner...yikes!
I hope you have a good Sept!

Running Librarian said...

Aug. was not the best for me either. I think between trying to fit in last min. vacations and going back to school I have let running and working out get pushed to the back burner. I am going to try and really work on eating better (I gained 5 lbs the first 2 weeks of school) and get on some sort of workout schedule. I just find I am so tired after school and it is so easy right now to come home and not leave the house again...

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I totally agree that I struggle with work outs during lack of structure times- yet I put more pressure on myself to do work outs because I'm like what else am I doing! didn't look like you did too bad in August though :)

Badgergirl said...

Looks like some good September goals!

Kathleen said...

I think I might just "borrow" your goals. Looks like exactly what I need to do! :)

Holly said...

It's always nice to get back to some kind of routine!

sunapeegirl said...

I love your goals. Although I've already failed at #1 because I'm fighting off a cold right now.. But I think plan better is a good one!

Kristen said...

You did awesome for August being "unstructured."

I can't believe it is already September!

zbsports said...

Great review, you are doing good. Keep it up!!!

onelittletrigirl said...

I hate when summer is over but I do like being in more of a routine! The back to school sickies are the WORST!