I will admit, I do love the perk of having almost 3 months off from work. However, only having 3 personal days during the school year kind of stinks especially if I want to travel with others that travel during the school year (aka ... family).
So, here's what I got going on this summer:
- June 6 - July 7 - Teach special education summer school (Mon-Fri: half days)
- June 6 - August 6 - Take online Autism Methods course
- June 4-6 - possible weekend at the farm (visiting Dad's side of the family)
- June 19 - Cousin's wedding (out of town)
- June 26 - Possibly a Triathlon in Perham, MN
- July 2-4 - 4th of July at home
- July 10 - Another cousin's wedding (out of town)
- July 17 - Friend's wedding (out of town)
- July 23-25 - Possibly attending a Bachelorette party (Minneapolis)
- July 31 - Aug 1 - Possibly participate in the MS 100 Ride
- August 14 - Twins game at Target Field/celebrate Dad's birthday
- August 21 - Detroit Lakes Triathlon
If I counted right, there are 3 open weekends between June 1st and when school starts on August 26. With almost every weekend in June/July taken, it's hard for me to try and plan any sort of fun trip. Asside from trying to travel, with all those fun-filled weekends, I am limited to doing any more races/events than the couple I have listed. Total bummer.We start back up at work on the 26th of August, the kiddos start back on August 31st and we go until June 6th. Now that is something new. In North Dakota, I have never seen a school still in session in June. Yay....
Most of those weekends of weddings and family road trips are 3-5 hour drives one way...
What kind of fun things do you have planned for your summer, even if you don't have almost 3 months off?