Here's my 3 changes and how things have gone this past week:
1. Less Soda/More water - I have still had some soda here and there, but no where near what I was drinking before. I am still working to increase my water intake. It's definitely a work in progress.
2. 4-5 Core and Stretching sessions - I nailed this one on the head.
- 75 push-ups
- 60 crunches using bosu ball
- 490 side crunches w/8# medicine ball
- 50 regular cruches
- 1:15 to 1:45 plank x's 4
- 0:45 to 1:00 rocking plank x's 4
- 0:40 to 0:45 side planks x's 4
3. No Treats at work - This was really hard but overall pretty successful. I was able to turn down everything but the birthday ice cream cake from Cold Stone on Friday. I felt it would have been rude to turn down. But, the other 4 days at work I was able to turn down chocolate covered brownies, a dilly bar from Dairy Queen, caramel rolls and red velvet donuts. Yeah, you see what I am exposed to?!I still need to really work on the treats and the soda/water, but other than that things are going pretty well... slowly transitioning into a better lifestyle, right?!
Patience over at A Reason or a Season has given me the following blogger award!
Isn't that lovely of her! I haven't been following her blog for very long, but I am happy that I found her, or she found me, and really enjoy reading her posts! Check her out!
- Accept and thank the pereson who gave it to you!
- List 10 things about yourself.
- List 5 addition things you DON'T like.
- Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to!
10 Things about me:
- I started keeping a food and exercise journal again. Not so much to lose weight, but to figure out what works and doesn't work for training.
- I love dogs, despise cats.
- Friends call me their "voice of reason". I tell them how it is and never sugar-coat things.
- Sometimes the said term above gives people the impression that I am a hard ass, but don't worry, I have a soft side!
- Realized this weekend that I am not a huge fan of water slides at hotels.
- I would rather vaccuum and do laundry then clean bathrooms.
- I love saurkrat on my veggie pizza. mmmm. mmm.
- I love trying new recipes, but hate grocery shopping for ingredients.
- I still haven't tried a green monster. Maybe tomorrow?!
- I tend to be a procrastinator with work and homework... haven't started writing my final project for grad class that is due in less than 2 weeks!
5 Things I DON'T like:
- Constant complainers
- food caught in my teeth
- mean people
- people who are unprofessional at work
Now to pick ONLY 10 people to pass this award on to... very tough, but here's the list: