Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's with the BA?

I think I have a bad additude about this upcoming triathlon. It will be the last one of the season; shouldn't I be super excited? I am not. I am sure things will be different once I wake up at the butt crack of dawn Saturday morning and drive the 45 minutes to Detroit Lakes for the event. But right now, I kind of just have that "meh" feeling.

Whatev.


School hasn't started back up yet, but I have been in and out of work a lot this week, working on organizing my room and then some paperwork. Next week I am back for 4 days of staff developement and workshops, have 3 days off, and then we start school on the 26th with the kiddos. I am super excited to get back with my kids. Oh how I miss them! (Remember this in a few weeks when I am pulling my hair out. LOL)

After the tri, I am sure I will be consumed with the whirlwind events of transitioning back to school, so I plan to take it pretty easy over the next 2-3 weeks. Workouts will still be there, but no tight schedule or long training sessions.

I have some ideas of what I want to do during the fall to preprare myself for half marathon training after the new year. Yes, I said half marathon training. I think I am going to give the Fargo Half Marathon another chance. Last year I struggled with an injury and was only able to do the 5K. I hope to run a few times a week, swimming and biking once or twice a week, and strength training 2-3 times a week (which will include my Tri Power workouts). Actually, I wouldn't mind trying some of the different classes at the Y (that I proclaimed I didn't have time for while training) - such as Kickboxing, BodyPump, Pilates, Yoga, and Hip Hop Hustle?! Wahoo!

Did I mention that I joined the committe for the Fargo Marathon Youth Run? I think we meet once a month! I am super excited!


Well, I am sure the next time I post I will be writing up a race report after Saturday. I wish everyone who is racing this weekend GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN! That's what's important, right?!

Peace.

21 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

Yes! I have gloves! But, my hands are so small they barely grip the pull-up bar as is, then you add gloves, which take up space and I can't hold on. It's a catch-22 and going gloveless, while painful, gets the job done.

Michael and I are thinking of signing up to volunteer for some youth fitness activities in our area. I'm really proud of you b/c I think you're making a big difference!

GOOD LUCK THIS SATURDAY!!

Unknown said...

That's absolutely right - go out and have fun and enjoy it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the tri! Looking forward to reading your race report.

Jess said...

Enjoy the time before you go back to school (hard to believe summer is already almost over!) and best of luck with the upcoming tri!

Carolina John said...

if it's your last tri of the season you better get amped! gotta push it hard!

Holly said...

I hope the fun bug hits you soon and you have a good time with your last tri.

Unknown said...

I kinda have the same blahs for my next tri (Aug. 29th). I am sure when you get going you will feel different! Have fun getting back into school :)

Badgergirl said...

I felt those blahs a little last week in the days leading up to my tri. But once I went, picked up my packet and it was race morning, they seemed to disappear.

Good luck this weekend and have fun!

Being Robinson said...

we all have a little BA once in awhile, but i bet once you are out there and started in the race you'll feel better! :) enjoy your last few days of summer freedom!

J said...

Good luck in the tri!!

Natalie D said...

you're right, once you are there you are going to be so happy and no BA!! I have a BA right now! So jealous of you going back to school! I am going to miss my kids so much!yea for half marathon training! good for you.

Shannon said...

Good Luck this weekend. BTW, it rocks that you're apart of the Fargo Marathon Youth Run! It feels weird that I'm not going back to school this year.

Anne said...

You might recapture that pre-race excitement on the drive over and while you get ready. Whether you do or you don't, enjoy and have a great time out there.

Wes said...

What you are is a veteran now. Save your excitement for the morning of the race. It will come. The last tri I went to, the body marker asked me if I had done a lot of these. I wasn't nervous or excited at all. It's all good and shows you are transitioning.

Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

As soon as you touch the water you are going to be ready to go all out and have a blast! Cool about the Fargo half too.

RunnerGirl said...

Good luck on Saturday, can't wait to hear a race report :)

Unknown said...

I would probably call lack of motivation rather than a bad attitude. Perhaps your interests have changed. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Marlene said...

I hope you get to the race feeling excited and enthusiastic. I'm sure you will!

Sounds like a good plan for the upcoming season! All of your tri-training and x-training will surely help as you ease into long distance running again!

Have a great weekend and good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the attitude. I'm sure it'll pass. Maybe with school starting soon you're more focused/excited about that right now. Regardless - good luck on the tri and have fun with it!

X-Country2 said...

Good luck kicking the pre-race funk and kicking that race's butt!

Beth Morey said...

I'm (sort of) glad to hear that you weren't excited about this tri. I have my first-ever tri coming up in a week, and I'm nervous/scared/unprepared/dragging my feet. I've been having hip and knee pain and so haven't been biking or running. BUT my swimming has improved markedly. We'll see what happens, I suppose! Thanks for letting me commiserate a bit!