Friday, August 7, 2009

It's not about where you come from

After a couple frustrating runs this week that left my knee feeling tight and uncomfortable, it was only expected that I would feel frustrated. This seems to be an on-going thing, but I wonder if my attempt at speed work is bringing it on.

Anyway, I spent the last few days getting back on track with my Tri Power exercises as well as the exercises I got from my PT this past winter. And this morning I was able to pump out 3.5 miles on the treadmill (really slow, but I'll take it), pain free and then 10 miles on the bike. Ahhh.

I am off for a weekend at home. We are having a 60th anniversary celebration for my Grandparents, 50th Ordination party for my Great Uncle, and then our annual family golf tournament on Sunday. Busy weekend, but it should be fun. Now, if I could only feel prepared for the time I will spend at the piano tomorrow during the anniversary open house. *gasp*

I will leave you with a story about a ND girl, Dagny Knutson. I read it in an old Sports Illustrated this morning while on the bike. Check it out, it's a pretty good story.....



Dagny Knutson, a rising high school senior, is making a - 06.22.09 - SI Vault

Shared via AddThis

11 comments:

IronGambit said...

I say more treadmill :(

Unknown said...

My knee has been feeling tight lately too. Not sure if half-marathon training is a good idea for me :-(

Marlene said...

Good for you getting back at the tri power exefcised.

Have fun this weekend and good lucl at the piano - you'll do great!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

Maybe a weekend of serious celebrating with the family will help that knee fall in line again. Congratulations to your grandparents and your great uncle.

Jess said...

Nice job on the run! Enjoy your weekend; it sounds busy!

Stef0115 said...

Have a great weekend!!!! Hope your knee falls in line I'm sure it will. It sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Scott McMurtrey said...

You're only supposed to run on treadmills when you have 8 ft of snow outside. ;)

Jess said...

Glad you were able to get something in even if it was slow without any pain. Knee injuries are the most frustrating thing ever! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

J said...

Hope your knee continues to feel ok. That story about the swimmer is incredible! I will always be a runner at heart but I have been converted to enjoy swimming and like swimmers too!

Holly said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!