I ended up going to a sports massage therapist and he literally worked EVERYTHING! He was surprised that I didn't come in for any particular reason besides just wanting a massage. However, I did tell him about my nagging knee issue and he planned to work on my legs real good, working on the ITBand and glutes. My rear is the only thing sore today. My neck and back was really tight with tons of knots. This didn't surprise me. He was afraid he was hurting me while working these out, but to be honest it just felt really good. I WILL be going back in the near future! It was sooo relaxing!
Well, August is done, and September is here. With that, here are the stats from August:
Swim - 9,500M ................ 13,500M in July
Bike - 97.60 miles.......... 98.55miles in July
Run - 20.20 miles.......... 22.32 miles in July
Time to reflect? Where do I start? How about bullet points!
- Returned from NYC the end of July and didn't have much desire to finish my last couple of weeks training for the triathlon.
- Lowest numbers for running since my injury in February and am dealing with some serious funk in regards to my running.
- Knee is still bothering me, on and off. I have good runs and then I have many crappy runs. I am wondering if I will ever be able to run more than 4 miles again!
- Did I say I am in a real funk with running?
- I would love to sign up for some fall races but question the point if my running is not going well.
- Back at school the for the past 3 weeks and learning to juggle working out while adjusting back into the work mode. Things are crazy busy at work this time of year.
On the positive side?
- Overall, I am content with how much I have been working out in the past few weeks. Work has been busy and I don't fret over missed workouts!
- Started to incorporate more weight training - 2-3 days a week and feeling stronger!
- Eating really well and starting to see the lbs melt away!
- Feeling really good!
Happy Hump day y'all! I will try to get to some of your posts when I am not putting in 12 hour work days!