I took on a new position this year as the building level representative for our special ed team. I will still be working with students, but have been given some extra duties (mostly meetings, paperwork, and support to team) along with another block of time to complete these duties. I spent a lot of today working on the usual beginning of school year paperwork. I was looking over my caseload and noticed that I have a lot of 3-year re-evaluations due (some due in early November) on top of the regular IEP meetings. For those of you who are not special ed teachers - I am sorry for the shop talk; for those of you who are - you know what I am talkin' about. Nuff said.
All in all it was a good first day back! I will leave you with a few quotes I love:
- "A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . . but the world maybe different because I was important in the life of a child." - Kathy Davis
- "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
- "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we make it." - Michelangelo
- "He who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - Anonymous
- "Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself." ~John Dewey
- "We must view young people not as empty bottles to be filled, but as candles to be lit." - Robert H. Shaffer
- "When you cease to make a contribution you begin to die." Eleanor Roosevelt
Happy Hump Day, y'all!