- Friday we headed off to the cities. We did some shopping at the Outlet Mall in Albertville... I was excited to find some nice back-to-school clothes for a reasonable price.
- That night the family hit up the horse races at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minnesota. It was a beautiful evening and a lot of fun to do some betting on the horses. At least some of us had luck.... ehem.. Dad.
- Saturday we headed downtown and ate a late lunch at Brits Pub. We have been to this restaurant numerous times and it is still one of our favorites. The environment (watching lawn bowling on the patio) and beer is wonderful! I highly recommend if you are ever in the area. From there we walked to the Metrodome to watch the Twins spank the Mariners. It was a pretty good game.
- Saturday evening we did a nice dinner at Maynard's in Excelsior (suburb of Minneapolis). Another restaurant that I was extremely impressed with. I enjoyed my Canadian pan fried walleye...
- Sunday, after church, we ran a couple errands, enjoyed some cake in honor of Dad's birthday, and headed home.
- This morning I was able to pull myself out of bed at a decent time and got in a swim. I was ready to call it quits after 1200M. There were only 2 lanes up for lap swimming because all the water arobics classes were sharing the pool ... the small pool was closed for cleaning. Thus, the big pool for lap swim was heated and too warm. But, J pushed me to do 500 more meters when I was most definitely ready to be finished.
- After a semi-decent swim, I headed into work and spent well over 8 hours there. It is going to be a very busy week with getting back into a routine and attending teacher workshops and staff development meetings. 6 days and the kiddos start back up!
Monday, August 18, 2008
It's been a busy past few days... with little to nothing in the area of running, biking, or swimming. So, I will update you on everything else.