Monday, August 11, 2008

Just keep swimmin'

Michael Phelps reaction pretty much sums up my reaction to last nights 4x100M Relay. I was jumping up and down with excitement. Check out Badgergirl's post. I couldn't write it any better than she did.

Saturday I got up for a run. I really wanted to do the 8 miles on the 8th virtual race, but just wasn't prepared. After reading Nancy's race report, I knew I should have just done 5 more miles, even if I had to walk most of it!

Yesterday I went for a swim. The intention was to do a long swim, whatever that means. I was just hoping for atleast 2000M. For some reason I got into a good groove and didn't want to stop. I had plenty of time, and I wasn't getting hungry like I usually do in the pool. So, I kept swimming. However, it left me feeling very fatigued and tired the rest of the day. I really got to work on this post-workout proper nutrition stuff. Pointers?

This morning I was still a bit tired and decided to take the day off. I will eventually do my pushups (D1W5) sometime today. But, to be honest, Week 5 scares the crap out of me, even if I am doing column 1! ha!

As for the rest of the day... it has been raining pretty much all day. I plan to get some cleaning done around the apartment and then I will probably dive into a new book.

Only 1 more week and I am back at work... ah, the joy!

Happy Monday, y'all!

Saturday: Run 3.2 miles, about 40 minutes, a slow 12:30 pace;
76 degrees, feels like 76 with 64% humidity and 63 degree dew point, UV Index 5, sunny, with 9mph wind from the east.
41 pushups...for fun :)

Sunday: Swim 2600M,
about 58 minutes, approx. 2:13/100M (making SLOW improvements)


UPDATE: Did W5D1 pushups... 126 altogether and there was NOTHIN' fun about it.

18 comments:

IronGambit said...

I am not still not feeling it... maybe because I don't have cable at my house :)

J~Mom said...

Whoa!! Nice swim!!! That is just awesome!

One thing I am learning about is fueling the body before instead of after a long workout. So I eat a pbj sandwich before a long run or a bowl of oatmeal before a long ride. This way when I finish my body is not starving and I feel pretty strong.

Makita said...

It was a spectacular performance! :D

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

That race was something! I watched it live and darn near woke everyone up I was bouncing around so much. Awesome!

Jess said...

Yeah, everyone was pretty pumped about that Phelps reaction. It was a radical race.

Lily on the Road said...

We don't have great coverage here, so I'm missing all of this...

good job on your workouts!!

Brian said...

Sweeeeeet swim, 2600, nice.
I got to start that pushup thing.

How does it work?

Brian said...

Push-ups, I found the link on your site. I'm reading it now, I post up something tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Wes said...

What an excellent swim! You go girl!!

Kevin said...

That was some finish in that relay. I was so glad they won, sticking it to the obnoxious french

Stef said...

Your swimming is coming along great! And yes that was spectacular!! I have watched it several times now and still just get goose bumps. Such GREAT sport!!!

robtherunner said...

There had to at least be the fun of being done with it :) Way to knock it out!

mangotriathlete said...

Great swim!!! 2000m and still going, that's some serious distance and fuel.
I saw the men's relay too, and the looks on the team's faces for the fingertip finish was priceless. I was holding my breath the whole time.
And I'm on board with the pushup challenge with you now too... wish me luck!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I'm lovin' the olympics so far. Good stuff

And wow...you did a 2600M swim on Sunday? You rock!

L*I*S*A said...

Gotta admit, I'm jealous of your swim distances. I can only hope of doing that someday!

Sherry said...

Very nice swim... that's quite a distance!

Man, I was jumping up and down during that relay the other night as well! I was SO enthusiastic about it that I scared the crap out of my dog! LOL!!!

Having the Olympics on right now makes for great inspiration... and motivation!

Ms. Math said...

Push-ups never sound like fun!

jahowie said...

Swimming looks so easy on TV doesn't it. Nice job on your swim!! I need to find the pool again.