Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Today's Tidbits

I think my fifth graders are feeling too comfortable around me. I have one calling me Dawg. One calls me Dude, especially when he has something really important to say. I have one showing me how he dances to hip hop, trying to get me to join him, hahaha! I have one asking me to give her some skin followed by "Yeah, Homegirl". I think we are all ready for this so-called-spring-break this coming weekend. Yep, fo sho!

So, I am totally taking an unplanned day off from training today. I could have biked. I could have swam. I don't think I could have ran. My legs are still a bit sore and the lifting did a doozy on my body (especially my legs).

So, what am I doing instead? Well, I did some shopping for clothes for my trip, since the weather will be 30-40 degrees warmer. Now I am doing some laundry, catching up on y'alls blogs, and watching a little American Idol. I would really like to see Christy Lee Cook head home this week. Most Definitely. Either that or Syesha.

Peace, y'all!

19 comments:

Danielle said...

Yo, yo, yo dawg...what up?? :) Sounds like a day off was good for you. Relax and enjoy it.

akshaye said...

The "Yeah, Homegirl" sounds like you got a little Marcy on your hands!

My only tv addiction for when I make it home early... No Reservations on the Travel Channel.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHHAAA OMG I WOULD LOVE that class! I would fit right in :P Dang I gotta start using "dawg" That will be the next word on my list :P

Wes said...

Hmmm... I would be afraid to call my teacher dude or dawg for that matter. Maybe I was never close enough to the nuns that taught me :-)

I dunno. Christy sang really well last night. She might last another week.

jahowie said...

Sounds like he is watching too much Randy Jackson from Idol. You need to tell him that it's Ms. Dawg to him!! ;-)

Nancy said...

Sounds like they love you!!

Molly said...

I ran into the same thing when I was coaching soccer. I think I started it, as I told them to call me Molly, instead of (my maiden name at the time) Coach Hall.
At the time "What up G" seemed to be the language of choice.
I agree that it sounds like they love you and are comfortable with you!
Take Care

Blaine and Steph said...

It is time for Carlie to go home...

Triseverance said...

Idol sucked big time last night, what were they thinking??
Anyway Kristi Lee and Syesha are always on the bubble but you watch, Simon drives the voting and his slam on Carly Smithson might turn out really bad for her.....we shall see dawg. Hope your day off was Blazin Hawt.

Lily on the Road said...

I'm with Jahowie, they are watching way too much Idol, why aren't they doing their homework...LOL ahahahha

J~Mom said...

Ha ha!! It does sound like you have a little marcy!

Jess said...

So, ND has to have one of the whitest populations in the country, right? And, so, I'm just picturing all these white, farm kids asking you to "give me some skin, dawg" and it is the funniest thing I can think of!

Jess said...

Haha what up homie. hope you enjoy chillaxin' on your day off...

anddd now it's time to back off the ghetto speak, but for real i hope you enjoyed your night of reading blogs and watching Idol.

David said...

You must be pretty cool. None of my teachers were ever cool enough for me to call dude or dawg. A couple I would have called man, but only because they sorta looked like a man (but weren't).

Brooke said...

I'm on spring break next week too and I can not wait. Enjoy

Unknown said...

Dunno' what I'd do if kids started calling me Dawg or Dude.

Holly said...

Kids are hilarious!

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Ms Eva said...

I *heart* 5th grade - such a fun age! :)

hepsmom said...

I so feel you on that. I have one student (a senior) who continues, despite my threats to write him up, to refer to me as his "peaches and cream." It's part nice, part oogey. We have spring break week after this. ENJOY YOURS!!!!!

This time of year seems to be extremely unusual. You'll have more cool/odd stories when you go back! :)