Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow day and Training

Today was a snow day for us. The weather yesterday afternoon and evening was the weirdest I have ever experienced. Just as our snow was almost gone, it started raining/sleeting yesterday afternoon. Once I got home from work, the lightning and thunder show began. The snow started in the evening and overnight.... leaving us with heavy drifts and a day of no school. I don't know how much snow we got but I think it was close to 10 inches. As happy as I was to have a day off from work - to get work things done at home, I am sad to see us have to make it up Easter monday. Oh well.

I wanted to post my Week 7 of half marathon training... not because it was great, but because I have posted the last 6. Anyone notice that my last two weekly posts said week 5? hehehe.

Week 7 HALF MARATHON TRAINING:
MONDAY (3/14):
REST

TUESDAY (3/15):
REST

WEDNESDAY (3/16):
BODYPUMP (1:00:00)

THURSDAY (3/17):
REST

FRIDAY (3/18):
REST

SATURDAY (3/19):
REST

SUNDAY (3/20):
REST


Isn't that sick? What kind of traning is that? Two nights of conferences, another late night at work, and a weekend of wedding planning sure got the best of me. Oh well. That's life. This week is already looking better!

Today's workout was supposed to be BODYPUMP class. Instead I spent over an hour doing a shady job of shoveling. It felt more like I was shoveling sand, instead of snow. That stuff was stinkin' heavy! It was a nice core, back, shoulders, legs, and glutes workout! haha

9 comments:

Marlene said...

It's been snowing all day here! not 10 inches though... that's too bad you have to make up the day on Easter Monday!

Good luck with the training this week!

Holly said...

This snow is ridiculously heavy - shoveling this stuff is definitely a workout. Hope you're having a great snow day!

Jess said...

Those late spring snows suck, but they usually melt quickly.

Carly said...

Well, we all have those weeks don't we? :-)

Steel Springs said...

Shoveling is certainly a great workout! Late nights at work are important, but the wedding planning sounds like more fun. I hope you're enjoying it!

Jess said...

Don't you hate it when live gets in the way of training! Glad you got to enjoy a day off work though!

tri like mary said...

Yay for snow day! Boo for having to make it up!

You'll be back on the running wagon in no time!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Wow I can't believe you guys got that much snow. Ah, is it spring yet?

I don't blame you for having so many rest days this week. I am a waste after a long day of conferences!

Badgergirl said...

Mother Nature and I are not on very friendly terms right now. Although we got mostly a mix of ice/sleet and only 4 inches of snow.

Hope Week 8 went better!