Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 days ... and a random update

Let the Lenten season begin. I am a firm believer that Lent is not all about what you give up, but what you do to better yourself. So, I will be trying to do a little bit of both by doing the following:
  • Cutting back on soda - hopefully to nothing :)
  • Drinking more water
  • Cutting back on Caribou and Starbucks... allowing maybe one a week
  • Taking my vitamins and supplements on a regular basis again
  • cutting back on sweets - no baked goodies, bars, cookies, donuts, etc. The work place is consumed by it and I need to stay away!
  • doing more yoga

Are any of you giving up or doing anything to better yourself?

Other random updates:

  • Maybe I should be giving up running for the next 40 days. After my okay 6.4 miler on Sunday, I attempted to run today and the shin/ankle was bothering me again. It's weird and I am afraid if I keep running on it, it will get worse. Maybe time to see the doc?
  • I got engaged over the weekend! Time to start planning a wedding!!!
  • It's been snowing like crazy here and I can't wait to leave for Las Vegas tomorrow with the fiance and another couple. We will miss the cold weather and yet another storm system rolling through on Friday/Saturday! 70 degree weather will be greatly appreciated for 4 days!

23 comments:

Steel Springs said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I loved wedding planning. Enjoy your trip to Vegas.

Those sound like great Lenten goals!

Jess said...

Hahaha could you have been any more sly about slipping you engagement in there...ohh you know by the way haha!

Congrats again and have fun with wedding planning!

Anonymous said...

I noticed you slipped the little engagement thing right in the middle...HA!

Have a great Vacay....now, letting the wedding planning begin, unless of course you get married in Vegas!

Laurel aka Lily

fancy nancy said...

I love how you just slipped in there...oh by the way I got engaged! Congrats!!!! I'm with you on the sweets for Lent...teachers are the worst though...so many goodies!!!

Marlene said...

Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

Anonymous said...

engaged- how exciting!!!!

I gave up soda for lent once and it lasted 7 years. even now, if I have ten soda's a year, that is a lot.

I am going to stop eating candy at work and also no coffee after 4pm. Both might sound easy but they are both tough.

Jess said...

Congrats on your engagement! I saw it on FB, but there were already a zillion comments on there.

RockStarTri said...

GBood luck on cutting back on Starbucks. Oh, and that other thing too.

Unknown said...

congrats on the engagement. i'm not giving anything up for lent this year, although it seems i may be giving up my spring running (but not really for lent)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

WHAT?!!!!!!

I can't believe you just wrote a very low key post, Lent...oh yeah and a RANDOM update- I got engaged!

That was amazing. Really.

Congratss!!!!!! You know who to talk to if you ever get annoyed wedding planning :) Haha I'm kidding I can help really!

MCM Mama said...

Way to bury the lead! Congratulations!

Running Librarian said...

congrats on the engagement!

Badgergirl said...

Way to bury the engagement news! So low key, almost like it happens everyday :)

Congrats again and enjoy Vegas!

RunningWhit said...

Congrats on your engagement news! That is so exciting!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! Love how you just buried the announcement in there! So happy for you :)

Wes said...

congratulations! so happy for you too :-)

Holly said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip to Vegas!

Shannon said...

Um, hello!? You can't bury your announcement in there like that! We want to see the ring...and the dude! ha!

tri like mary said...

Congratulations on the engagement! Have fun with the wedding planning - you thought training was challenging!

Aron said...

Ummm just slip that in there huh?!? ;) CONGRATSSSSSS!!!!

Anne said...

I'm just catching up and was surprised that the Lenten season of giving things up superceded the big news of what you're gaining -- a husband! (Let's hope you're just being modest and those aren't your priorities :-)

Unknown said...

WoHOO!! Getting engaged is not another random update, say to slip it in there!! Congrats, you deserve all the happiness in the world!

Liz said...

Congratulations! I meant to reply as soon as I read this! I love how you just slipped it in. Wedding plans are so fun! Just remember to enjoy every moment! :)