Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. A week at home - I just spent the last week at home, in the Biz, and it was great. While home, I was able to get a lot of homework done for grad school, sleep in, workout, see my sister and bro-in-law, attend a couple of the BF's softball games, help decorate for my cousin's wedding, relax a bit, and do some pleasure reading (asside from grad textbooks) on the patio in the sun... A little manual labor was done as well - helping my parents clean out and epoxy their new two-stall detached garage. I guess I can't stay there for free that long without putting in a little manual labor. It was hard to leave the Biz and head back to Fgo yesterday afternoon.

2. Weddings, weddings, WEDDINGS! - Last weekend the BF and I not only went to one wedding, but TWO! He had a family friend getting married early Saturday afternoon, and as soon as the ceremony was over, we high-tailed it out of there and drove 20 minutes to my mom's hometown (where he is from as well) and attended my cousin's wedding, reception and dance. In two days, a friend of mine will be getting married, lake-side in Minnesota. It's going to be a small wedding, but I am super pumped. After this weekend I will have attended 4 weddings between June and July and have a couple more before the end of September!


3. LOVE my sisters - Just wanted to point out that I have two wonderful sisters that constantly remind me of how blessed we are to have each other and our family! My youngest sister who has faced her own challenges and difficulties growing up (health-wise and educationally) has been working minimal hours in a nursing home but has worked her way up to almost a full-time employee! I am so proud of her! My other sister is facing a challenge in regards to her health as of last week, but in the midst of learning more about it and trying to figure things out, she appears to be quite a trooper and continues to stay pretty positive. I know she is worried about continuing to train for our triathlon which is less than 5 weeks out, but I reminded her that she is a natural athlete and should focus on her health first, and see where she is at in a couple weeks, then decide. I don't know if she wants me to share with the blogworld what she is dealing with, but please send positive thoughts her way.

(me, baby sis, middle sis)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like wedding fever up North Dakota way!

Middle Name Marie said...

So many summer weddings! I think the twenty-somethings are just full of them! I have two sisters too (I am the middle in my fam, though). **Sending positivity**

Jess said...

That's SO many weddings. I don't think I could handle that many chicken dances!

Aimee said...

I have two sisters too! I will definitely send positive vibes your sister's way!

Erika said...

I have a wedding every weekend in August and 1 in July! Crazy how they are always in clumps!

Joel said...

So...my first thought when I read about all the weddings was that it's probably good you're not IN all of them! The movie 28 Dresses came to mind... :-)

Carly said...

My thoughts are with your sister. I hope it is nothing too serious. I am always a tiny bit jealous of those who have sisters....I only have one brother. While he is great and I am blessed to have him, there just seems to be a special bond that sisters share.

I am laughing about the weddings....it is either feast for famine. I haven't been to a wedding as a guest in a few years. For a while it was every.single.weekend. I guess now I have to wait until my kids' friends start getting hitched to have the cycle continue. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I truly think everyone should have at least one sister. I don't know what I'd do without mine : )
My thoughts are with your sister!

Wes said...

Too much HAWTNESS in one place! Woot! That's some pretty sage advice for your sister. Truly wise for one so young :-) You gals are lucky to have each other.

Jess said...

Wow that's a lot of weddings. I only have two this summer thank goodness!

Aron said...

TWO in one weekend!?!?! yikes. i have a bunch of weddings this summer too! and a bunch of baby showers from the wedding i was in/went to the last couple years. busyyyyy

Anne said...

I hope things continue to go well for your sister whose having some health difficulties.

Sherri said...

I love weddings and the only ones that I have coming up are too far away and I am not going to be able to make them! =(
I hope your sister gets feeling better soon! Sisters Rock! and she is lucky to have you!