Friday, March 27, 2009

Rising Waters

The Fargo/Moorhead area is scrambling to make sure things are ready for the River to Crest this weekend... tomorrow I presume, at about 42 feet.

Let me give you a little info.... The Red River usually sits at 14 feet, but it might reach 43 feet. It has currently reached over 40 feet this morning (the 100 year flood mark). So, that is a lot of water for the dikes to hold.

I have moved all my "valuables" upstairs and plan to head to the dome hear shortly to sand bag for as long as I can. I will go all day if I have to. I need to pack a few bags, just in case I need to flee, per parent request.

On a good note, my parents were able to get back into their house yesterday afternoon. Good news, NO WATER in the house! The yard is one huge ice rink, however! Yay!

Even when the water crests this weekend, this mess is far from over. Keep the prayers and well wishes coming our way. Boy do we need them now more than ever.

I hope to be posting some pictures in the near future.

I am out!

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Prayers and good wishes continuously coming your way!

Unknown said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Aka Alice said...

In my most parental voice, I'm saying..."be careful" and "I'm glad you packed a bag...just in case..."

Glad your parents house stayed dry.

Neese said...

stay strong!

Badgergirl said...

Glad to hear your parents' house stayed dry! My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Unknown said...

You're still in our prayers. I could not imagine all that stress. And I thought I was stressed about not being able to run.

Aron said...

all the prayers and good wishes are still being sent!!

Carly said...

*prayers sent*

Stay safe and dry! You will need a major massage after all that sand bagging you are doing. Take care of yourself.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear about your parents' house. I'm praying that the same is true for your home.

I Run for Fun said...

I saw this on the news yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Stay safe...and I agree with AKA Alice....pack a bag.

Shannon said...

Scary stuff but it sounds like your being smart about it. Take care and be safe. Still praying.....

Lily on the Road said...

Wow Stacy, I have friends north of you in "winterpeg" who are awaiting evacuation...prayers to all of you.

Glad your folks place is okay...

M*J*C said...

Hope you are doing ok, I'll be thinking about you! Sending prayers for safety your way!

Anne said...

NPR mentioned last night that all the schools were closed (finally!) in Fargo and vicinity so people could help sandbag. I hope it works...I've been through devastating floods and it isn't fun. If the river goes over, be sure to stay clear -- most of the deaths I remember were from people getting pulled into raging waters as bystanders when the water "caught" on something and lipped out.

SavvyFitChica said...

Prayers and positive thoughts are definitely being sent from me to you and the others around you. Continue to remain optimistic and help get everyone through this. You're a hero!

Holly said...

I'm thrilled to hear that your parents house is okay!