Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

12 Days of Christmas: Day 10 - This or That?

This is a survey that I have seen out in blogland a few times this past week. I figured I would use it for one of my days of Christmas! Feel free to play along!


1. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve was usually the day we opened our gifts growing up. I like the idea of opening up most gifts on Christmas Eve, just my sisters and my parents, and then enjoying the rest of the evening and Christmas day with the extended family.


2. Giving or receiving? I love, love, LOVE giving and finding the perfect gift for people... sometimes it makes me go crazy though, becuase I have a hard time deciding!


3. Real or artificial tree? I love real trees. My parents have gotten real ones for the past few years, and those Frasur Furs smell wonderful. The mess of pine needles is so worth the smell real trees give!

4. Angel or star tree topper? This one is a hard decision. I would have to go with Star, just because I have a really pretty one for the top of my tree and love it.

5. White or colored lights? Depends. I remember when my mom started decorating two trees. The upstairs tree was bigger with white lights and crocheted angles and pretty decorations. The downstairs tree was smaller, but had all of our kids ornaments (bought and homemade) on them with colored lights. I would like to be able to do both!

6. Tinsel or garland? Garland. I have it on my banister and above my cupboards, wrapped in white lights. Love it.

7. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. However, I lose patience with ribbons and bows, because they all fall off and get destroyed in my years of transporting them home. I have memories of my mom taking my gifts and adding a "little extra" before giving them. :)

8. Stockings: Before or after presents? After, preferably on Christmas Day morning since we usually opened most of our gifts Christmas Eve.

9. Snow or no snow? MUST HAVE SNOW ON CHRISTMAS! I couldn't do it any other way. It's just so magical! However, I can do without the 20 inches we got last Christmas Eve, that kept us home and not able to travel to visit family.

10. Candy canes: Eating or Decorating? EATING!

11. Hot chocolate, apple cider, or eggnog? I will pass on all three. Ask me if I want a Tom and Jerry and I am all over that!

12. Cookies: sugar or gingerbread? Sugar cookies... unless they are soft gingersnaps.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

What a fun post! I'm totally with you on the real tree, star topper, and eating candy canes! But, I love hot chocolate! And, yum...sugar cookies are awesome!

RockStarTri said...

I have four words for the cookie category: Choc. O. Late. Chip.

Erika said...

Giving is so my favorite, too! I love finding gifts for people that are perfect as well! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

My Life said...

Oooh, I definitely like real trees too. My parents do the same thing with the 2 trees. I love it & hope someday we can do the same! :)

Anonymous said...

Giving is definitely more fun thatn receiving.

K said...

I had a Tom&Jerry for the first time last year. I had a second and then a third. They were DELICIOUS!