Sunday, November 15, 2009

weekend recap

I had a great weekend with the 'rents and my youngest sis, taking in two nights of Sioux hockey. Friday's game was good and they one 3-2, but last night's game was horrible. They just weren't playing their best and the reffing was disgusting and completely one-sided. It was so hard to watch. If a couple bad calls would have been reversed, it would have been 3-2 Sioux, instead of 3-2 St. Cloud.

I took in a little shopping and found a couple cute sweaters at Macy's yesterday. I usually don't shop there for clothes, for some reason or another, and I was really happy to find a couple sweaters for less than $20 each. I am so sick of my winter clothes from last year (and the year before) that I was on cloud nine when I found these.

This afternoon I attempted another run and the knee just wasn't feeling it. I wanted to cry. Now, it was no where near the pain I was dealing with over a month ago, but it was a good run. Some things just not right. I guess I best be getting back into my PT exercises. I have been kind of slacking since I got sick and things were going well.

I really want this knee to heal. I am hoping to be able to do the Turkey Trot 5K Thanksgiving day and then the Jingle bell 5K run I did last year, which is the 5th of December.... we'll see!

How was your weekend? Who raced out there this weekend? How many of you have races you are looking forward to before closing the books for 2009?

20 comments:

Carly said...

I have a hard time watching hockey for the same reason. I always start getting chest pains. Glad your team won, we'll see how they do against my Golden Gophers. : 0

Nat said...

I am jealous you found something that cheap at Macy's. I went in looking for a pair of black pants and didn't see any under $75! I promptly left the store...I mean $75 for pants...in a recession? Really?

Aka Alice said...

I love the sale racks at Macy's. Every once in awhile you find a real steal!

I'm sorry your knee is still sore...Yep, back to PT. It's a pain, but it works.

Shannon said...

Sorry you're having so many isssues with the knee pain. I'm done for the 2009 season, this year was pretty fun. I can't wait for 2010. Take it easy girl.

Tony said...

Get that knee better.

Annette said...

New sweaters - yay! :) I've been feeling the same way about my winter clothes.

Sorry about the knee - get on those exercises again! Good luck!

Races - none to speak of for 2009, I'm shooting for a half in Jan. Nothing like winter training - ugh! ;)

Jess said...

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend! I hope you can do the two 5Ks. They both sound like fun races!

Jess said...

Sorry that the knee is hurting again!

Rachel said...

I don't know how you train in cold weather. That sucks about your knee pain.

I'm done with races for '09 and am already starting '10. I have IM-UT coming up!

RunnerGirl said...

Hope that knee gets better in time for your 5ks, they sound fun!

Lily on the Road said...

Shopping aside, let's get that knee looked at again.

You could do the 5K's with a walk / run program. That's what I've been doing and just enjoying the moment instead of trying to relive the past...

J said...

I want to do run a Jungle Bell 5k. Other than that there arent many races here in the winter!

Badgergirl said...

Grrr on hearing about the return of the knee pain.

Just a Turkey Trot and a Santa Scamper for me before I close out 2009. I'm making plans for 2010 though.

Holly said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Sorry about your knee!

Laurel said...

I usually can't find a ton of stuff at Macy's, but sometimes, if you go on the right day, you can get some GREAT deals. Plus, they are always sending out coupons.

Bummer about your knee :( Hope it heals up soon.

Kristen said...

Sorry about your knee - even thought those PT exercises are tedious they really do help. :D

Yay for good shopping deals! That is always fun news.

Aron said...

meeeee! 10k this weekend, 5k on thanksgiving, marathon dec 6th!! phew going to be a busy couple of weeks!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm sorry your knee is till giving you trouble. I hurt my quad over the summer and had to lay off for much longer than I wanted to. But all is well now. Your doing the right thing, and hopefully, the rest will have you up and going for the 5ks!

I Run for Fun said...

So sorry about your knee problems. You seem to be doing everything right. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Runner Leana said...

Oh no, I am so sorry that the knee is still bugging you! Shucks, back to PT. Have you tried ART for it?

Yay for the sweater finds at Macy's! I have realized that my entire sweater wardrobe consists of v-neck sweaters in different colours. Maybe I should branch out a bit... Like go for a crew neck sometime or something!