Monday, November 2, 2009

This, that, and everything in between

Halloween Weekend:
How many of you dressed up for Halloween? I did. Actually a group of us dressed up and it was a lot of fun. We ended up at a smaller bar, with more of an older crowd. We were in the mood for something more low key and less slutty costumes. It was pretty relaxing, but fun at the same time. However, the next day, I woke with some sort of flu. No, it wasn't the bottle flu. I am home sick from work today and that rarely ever happens. I was running a temp, puking, very very very weak, no appetite, and very tired. It took everything in me this morning to run to school and type up my sub notes. I hope to be back tomorrow because lying around all day isn't my kind of thing.

Month in Review: October
I can't believe that the month is already over. And to think there are only 7 months left of school! Wow, time flies when you're having fun. Let's take a look at the digits for the month and compare them to September.

Swim - 8,700M ................ 8,500M in September
Bike - 77.80 miles .......... 56.93 miles in September
Run - 12.74 miles .......... 10.45 miles in September

Well, the numbers are still low, but their higher then they were in September. And the best thing is... I am back at running, slowly but surely! I am happy!


My November Challenge:
After reading Caitlin's post on getting back on track, I knew I needed to do the same. After talking with a friend, we decided to create a challenge of our own. We will earn points for certain workouts/activities, and then points will be deducted for eating out, drinking soda/coffee, and alcohol. The person with the most points at the end of the month will make the other person dinner. This should help with getting back on track with eating right, cutting back on ordering my lattes (doesn't include making coffee at home), and spending less money!


POTM:
Pile on the Miles Challenge. This has been put together by Caitlin and Bobbi. The goal for this is to increase activity and not put on all those extra pounds that can happen so easily this time of year. Both walking and running miles will count, which works wonderfully for me since I am slowly getting back into running. I think it will even motivate me to run/walk more! I know I won't log nearly as many miles as a lot of the other participates, but I think it will be fun to join in. Plus, I keep track of those things anyway! I can't wait to get over this flu and start tracking my miles! Hopefully I will be able to participate in the Turkey Trot this thanksgiving!


What does the month of November look like for you?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

regarding your numbers for october - everything is moving in the right direction. This is a good thing!

get well soon.

Marlene said...

Nice workouts for October!

Hope you feel better soon.

Jess said...

Sounds like you have the same thing I did. It was NO fun! Rest up and get better soon!

Aron said...

hope you feel better SOON!!

Unknown said...

I does look like you are headed in the right direction with your training. The best part is you have all winter to build a nice big base of training for next year's racing season. Great job!

N.D. said...

Cute outfit and good luck getting back on track :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like November is going be a better month for you to get back on track!

Jess said...

Back on Track month totally needed to happen for me! Good luck with your challenge with your friend. Kick her booty hehe!

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah for POTM!! I am doing my Holiday Bootie Buster challenge starting later in nov, so that should hopefully motivate us through the big eating days too!!

glad to see you are being smart about uping the milege slow and steady!

J said...

That POTM looks like fun. I kind of want to join but i dont want to pressure myself to run more miles and get hurt.

Carolina John said...

less slutty costumes? i'm sure all 3 single men in north dakota were deeply dissapointed.

btw, i love caitlin and steal her recipes often. and her operation beautiful is quite cool too. you are beautiful!

november looks wild for me. got the half iron on saturday, then any other weird stuff i can find. back to training for a spring marathon and start lining up the 2010 schedule i guess.

Runner Susan said...

Nice October Miles! I need to get more in for November.

Anonymous said...

you are making improvements and you are displaying committment and discipline...I think that says it all..ESPECIALLY for this time of eyar. Keep after it!