Thursday, November 12, 2009

busy, busy, and some more busy


Just after I go and rave about how nice my 3 mile run went on Tuesday, I hopped on the treadmill today and the run wasn't as nice as I was hoping it would be. After a couple miles in, it started to get a leeeetle bit tight and I knew instantly I had to take it slow. Here I was getting so pumped about running 3 miles and in the back of my mind I was thinking about that half marathon distance again. Slow. Down. Now.


Other than that, work and busy weekends have been taking over my life! I have been gone almost every weekend for the past few weeks and will be gone the next few weekends in a row. But, I can't complain about that too much because it's fun times and better then sitting at home and doing nothing on the weekends.
As far as work goes, today I had my last assessment results/IEP meeting until after Christmas (more than halfway through my caseload for the year), and need to finalize some documents prior to Monday. Then, on Monday the window for alternate assessment opens up and I have 3 students I need to sit down with and do these state assessments. In addition, trimester grades are due next friday, which means I not only need to get grades into teachers for my students that participate in alternate curriculum, but I need to get progress reports done. Before I know it, Christmas vacation will be here and the busy-ness will start up again.


I guess it's just life and figuring out how to balance it all is my goal! I think I need to be more productive with my paperwork at work, staying an hour later every once and a while, rather than spending a day off finishing up assessment results, like I did yesterday for 5 hours. Time to be on top of my game!


Tomorrow I plan to do some yoga in the morning before work. I think it will be a great way to end the week and relax a bit before the busy weekend. I am heading up to GF with the fam, minus my sister from the cities. unfortunately. We have Sioux hockey tickets for both nights. I think we're ranked 2nd in the nation, so it should be a pretty good weekend of hockey!


Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Wes said...

First!

Wes said...

huh? aren't you guys frozen yet? or at least hibernating? ;-)

I Run for Fun said...

I know how that feels...a couple of good miles and we're already dreaming about the next race. Hope your runs get better and stronger. That half marathon is in your future...trust me!

Kristen said...

I feel you with the busy schedule. I need a good lesson in time management and getting more work/school work done at work/school and really getting to enjoy my time off.

Enjoy your yoga session - sounds like a great way to start a busy weekend.

Kelly said...

I am sure I'll be the same way whenever I can get back to running haha...but take it slow! 5k for now :)

Have fun at the hockey game, I love hockey!

SavvyFitChica said...

I feel the same way- my weeks have been so stressful and hectic, my weekends aren't offering enough recovery.

I'm pretty pooped these days but I'm takin the whole week of Thanksgiving off so I'm excited. I need it. Hopefully you get the much-needed break you need too.

RunToTheFinish said...

you know what i found that is weird...some times I get so worried about my injury that I cause it to flare up. hope yours gets better!!

Jess said...

Man bummer to hear your treadmill run didn't go as well as your previous one. Hope your next run rocks!

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about the run. Hopefully the next one will be better!

Have a great weekend.

Anne said...

Enjoy being busy. It helps keep you young and vibrant.

Runner Leana said...

I can relate on the business side of things! It keeps life interesting though, right?

Sorry to hear the knee wasn't cooperating with you though. :(

Jess said...

I'm the same way. I have a great run, and suddenly I'm dreaming of the big stuff!

N.D. said...

the balance is everyone's goal - and I definitely am the same too when starting back.