Monday, July 6, 2009

Training, Long weekend, and calling all triathletes!

Sorry it's been almost a week since my last post, but things have been pretty busy around here. First things first.... last week's training...

Week 10 of Tri Training:
Monday:
REST

volleyball

Tuesday:
Adult Swim Team - 2800M
600M: Freestyle Swim
10x50M: 25 Drill/25 Choice
4x200M: Freestyle Swim, "tarzan" across the lines
6x150M: Kick 50/Swim 100
volleyball
softball

Wednesday:
Bike - 10.8 miles

Thursday:
Adult Swim Team - 2600M
1000M: Mix
8x75M: 25M kick/50M swim
400M: Freestyle with pull bouy
300M: 25M kick/25M swim
200M: Freestyle (building)
100M: Sprint


Friday:
Ultimate Frisbee - 1.5 hours

Saturday:
Bike -13.6 miles

Sunday:
REST

I left for home, Bismarck, right after swim practice Thursday morning and was pretty busy all weekend long. I didn't get back until close to 8pm last night. It sure went by fast.

When I got home Thursday, my Dad, sister and I spent the next 8 hours cleaning out the garage, power washing, degreasing, and a whole lot of scrubbling, just to prep for laying down epoxy. Painting the garage floor with the epoxy was the easy part, but man was that stuff stinky. Later that evening we treated ourselves with a cold beverage and a bit of relaxation in the hot tub, watching the sun set.

Friday I was going to get in a run but was too exhausted from the day before. Plus, Steph talked me into playing Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of her friends at the mall in front of the Capitol. Now that was a lot of fun, and I think it so counted for my short run!

Saturday I got in a nice ride just south of Bismarck. I even took on a challenge if biking up the hill that leads to University of Mary. I had to stop once because I was out of breath and thought I was going to fall over. Going 6mph up a nasty hill is tough work! But, the view from up there was incredible and worth the effort. I was riding the breaks on my way back down.

As for the rest of the 4th, we spent some time up at my sister's in-laws, along the river. It was a perfect day! That evening we parked ourselves on my parent's patio and watched the fireworks all around. A couple of our neighbors put on a pretty good show. At 11pm, we lit up a couple lanterns as a tribute to all the troops. Their kind of like hot air balloons that just float into the air. Very pretty! Steph was able to get a bunch of t-shirts from a lady in the cities, with B's Unit on the front. They turned out pretty nice, so we took a family photo and plan to send him a copy! We miss you Blaine!


Yesterday, my Mom, Dad, and I finished up the garage by putting away the fridge and freezer, as well as a few storage shelves and did the glossy finishing coat on the floor. Looks like a showroom in there now!




Alright peeps. Only 5 more days until my first outdoor triathlon. I am getting super excited but starting to freak out about all the little things. Like, what should I wear? I don't own a tri suit! I have tri shorts, my swim suit, and many racing shirts, but just wondering what exactly I should be wearing. Any suggestions?

17 comments:

IronGambit said...

How is ultimate frisbee different than regular?

Unknown said...

From the photos, that does look like a beautiful day.

Good luck at the triathon!

Wes said...

You just need a tri top :-) Some of the chicas I know race in their splishes. So, you could swim in your tri shorts and a bathing suit top then just throw on a technical shirt when you get out of the water, butttttt.... Why not take this opportunity to shop for a tri top?!

Jess said...

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend at home with the family!

Runner Leana said...

I would wear your tri shorts and pick up a tri top. You can get one with a built in bra or go for one that zips in the front that you wear you own bra with.

Unknown said...

tri shorts and a tri top *OR* if your running bra is suitable to be worn alone, maybe swim in that and put a tank on over to run *or* if you have or can find an athletic top that you'd be comfortable running and swimmming in, that would work too. I've done all of the above and they all work fine.

Kevin said...

Looks like it was a great weekend

J said...

I feel like summer signals the time when things start to get busy!! Good luck with your triathlon!

SavvyFitChica said...

Sounds like you had a fun, but busy trip back... your parents keep you doing chores I see! lol Just teasing, I'm sure they help you a ton on your house -it's what family does.

I'm no help on the tri suit, I'm sorry. But I'm sure you'll figure it out and other people will have some advice for you.

You're going to do great! I'm SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU

Aron said...

I have no idea what to do in tris but I know you are going to do GREAT!!!! good luck girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Ultimate frisbee, fun!! For the tri you can wear your bathing suit and tri shorts or like Wes said, treat yourself to a tri top! You are going to rock it.

Jess said...

I have absolutely no good advice about what to wear for you tri, but I'm sure someone else wise and insightful will!

Glad you had a fun weekend! Ultimate Frisbee totally counts as a short run!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

I can't believe your tri is coming up already! Good luck working out the details. [Sorry, no advice here.]

Holly said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I can't believe your triathlon is here already!

RunToTheFinish said...

wow only 5 days?!! i can't believe it.. I have no advice whatsoever so I am going to just blabber here... let's see I think that you should wear a tutu and probably a tierra. I mean that's what I would wear

Unknown said...

I wear tri shorts and a tri top for the swim part (with a wetsuit over if needed) I throw a cycling jersey over when I transition to the bike. I pin my # on it before the race. Good luck, you will be great!!

N.D. said...

Good luck this weekend! yay!! Sounds like thurs was intense and the weekend was lots of fun!