Monday night was our last night of volleyball, with tournaments, and we lost. But, I really liked our team and look forward to playing with them again. We might set up a team for the fall, if I can squeeze it into my schedule!
Last night, the 2nd volleyball team I am on began tournaments as well. We lost, and we play again next Tuesday, but I will be out of town. I am not too sad. This team wasn't well put together, and I felt that we didn't have enough fun.
On the flip side, we had played our softball tournament right after volleyball. Our first game we won 15 to 0 in 3 innings. The second game we played the team that we tied with during the regular season, but were ranked 1st since we had more runs. They beat us in the tournament last night and we ended up taking home 2nd place. Congrats team! We all got a really nice t-shirt for our regular season 1st place, and the captain took home the ugly trophy for 2nd place in the tourney.
MEME: 7 Personality Traits
I was tagged by the wonderful Amanda over at Run to The Finish! I am supposed to list 7 personality traits of mine and I think I have done something similar before, so I am sure I might repeat some. Sorry!
1. Number Freak: I love numbers, cruching them, collecting data, etc. I mean, have you looked at my sidebars? LOL.
2. Mornings Rock: I would like to consider myself a morning person as well. I love the feeling of getting up and accomplishing so many things before the rest of the world is even awake! Morning workouts are my favorite! There's nothing like starting the day off with a good run, swim, or bike... then heading to work and being able to relax the rest of the evening!
3. Sleep required: I am one who likes to get a good 8 hours of sleep each and every night if at all possible. If this doesn't happen, number 2 above doesn't happen. The domino effect can be quite horrible. Can the amount of sleep you need be hereditary? In discussion a lot of my cousins and I (including my sisters) like to get a lot of sleep and are morning people. Something to ponder, I guess.
4. Busy-body: I haven't always enjoyed being physically active, but now that I have been for the past few years (consistently) it is definitely an addiction and part of who I am today. I have played sand volleyball for a number of summers in the past and was happy to get back into that this year, playing on two teams. Softball has become a regular part of my summers as well. I have gotten to the point where you can ask me to play it or try it, and I will. I just like getting out there and being busy, rather than sitting at home doing nuttin'.
5. Home-body: Especially during the school year, I love coming home after work and having no commitments. However, this hasn't helped much on the dating scence, but really, I do like coming home and just relaxing. I enjoy having a few friends over for dinner during the week, but if you are going to ask me to join you OUT for dinner or drinks, I am most likely going to say no... see numbers 2 and 3 for better understanding. This can conflict with number 4 at times... but I would much rather go DO something than meet up with friends for dinner or drinks.
6. Independent: I haven't always been little-miss-independent, but as I have gotten older in my 20's it has most definitely been the case. I think being thrown into the adult world after college has changed me a bit... that and the end of a long-term relationship a few years back. It's all good though.
7. Tell it how it is: I have to sometimes watch what I say, but I can be blunt at times. If you're a friend of mine and discussing an issue with me, don't expect me to be on your "side" 100% of the time. I have been referred to as the "voice of reason" by a couple close friends because I will try to help you see the other persons point of view, or let you know that you are over-reacting to a certain situation. Life's short, don't sweat the small stuff dude!
Ok folks consider yourself tagged to share your seven traits:
Jess @ Run Girl Run
Ashley @ Journey To A Better Me
Jess @ 21 Days
Kelly @ She Wears A Red Sox Cap
Carolina John @ Smoke Training
D10 @ Just Running For Fun
New York City... here we come!
In less than 2 days I will be in NYC with the fam. I still haven't finished packing, but plan to do that tonight. I am getting so excited. With that note, don't be worried if you don't see any posts for a week, or don't have any comments from me. I will be back next week with a recap of our trip and hopefully some wonderful pictures!
Peace, my friends!