This weeks highlights, thus far:
- Two of my 4th graders took it upon themselves to discuss politics today. We were waiting for a couple more students to join our group, I was working at my desk and these two boys took it upon themselves to discuss their thoughts on Obama and Palin. Those were the only two names I heard them throw out, but I couldn't help but smile from behind my computer.
- I was given a compliment of admiration in regards to my job and what kind of work I do ... from a social worker who works in child protection. I was touched. At the same time I thought to myself how I admire her for what kind of work she does, and all the difficult situations she must face.
- A student of mine who is quite low cognitively, has conquered the "b" and "d". She has made leaps and bounds this school year already.... not only is she now able to decipher the two letters independently, but she is able to write them on command, and when she does so .... she grins and giggles. It's wonderful.
- Much to a student's disappointment, I am still single. He continues to tell me I am looking in the wrong places, but does not have any solutions for me as to where I should be looking. Some help he is.
- One of my girls complimented me on my hair... she said it was beautiful. *smile*
I jump started this hump day with a nice long swim in the pool. Geez, I haven't been in the water in over 2 weeks and it sure showed today. Yuck. Despite how slow I was, I pushed through it and did my desired distance.
Today's Swim: 2000M, 51:00, 2:33/100M
Today's Song: Shwayze - Corona and Lime