Thursday, September 16, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. Fall is just around the corner! This mornings temperature when I was heading to the gym was 34 degrees (5am). Yikes! The days are already getting shorter. But, I am looking forward to the many things that fall brings: caramel apple fragrance, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, homemade apple pies, pumpkin spice lattes, the colored foliage falling from my maple trees, and wearing jeans and sweatshirts. Ch-ch-changes.


2. Working the workouts! For some reason this week, I have been able to get in some really good workouts. I have been getting pretty good sleep and am feeling rested each day. Monday I ran a warm-up mile on the treadmill before heading to BODYPUMP class, Tuesday I biked 18 miles, yesterday I ran 5.52 miles - my longest pain-free run on a LONG time, and this morning I biked 23 miles before work! Throw in some extra stretching, strenthening and core work and I am a happy camper.


3. I look forward to my weekly treats! Do you have a local Herbal Life provider? We have about four or five distributors in the FM area. Each week, after a big morning workout, J and I enjoy one of the "Memberships" from Fusion Revolution before heading off to work. It's actually a meal replacement high in protien and very low in sugars, carbs, and calories - approximately 230 calories. What does the Membership consist of? Well, it starts with a shot of Aloe to cleanse the digestive system. Then, you drink a tea - hot or cold - flavor of your choice. I love the refreshing taste of the cold lemon tea. Then, you choose a smoothie of your choice - vanilla, chocolate, or fruit based. I usually get the Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino! It is so yummy. I find that this fills me up and gets me through most of the morning!

3 comments:

Wes said...

good lord, you're gonna be frozen over again so soon :-)

SavvyFitChica said...

holy cow- it's freezing there! LOL

Good job on the workouts. I love me some smoothies too!

Holly said...

I love "reasons why I love fall" lists. :) It's a great season.