Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tour De Cure 2011

Almost a couple years ago I participated in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure in Fargo, ND with another friend.

This year, on June 4th, 2011, I will be cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fundraising event. I will be riding with my sister, Steph, who was recently diagnosed with TYPE 1 DIABETES this past summer. Along with her hubby, and possibly a few other friends, we will be riding 25 miles in Minneapolis, MN!

Each mile I ride, and the funds I raise will be used in the fight to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. Through my sister, I have have learned that it is so much more than pricking her finger and taking insulin multiple times a day. I have seen how this has changed her life and how she is still learning to make the most of it. She has been so positive in almost every way possible.

I will not beg all of my readers to donate to this cause. However, if you feel the desire to support such a great cause, no matter how small or large, your generous gift will help improve the lives of nearly 24 million Americans who suffer from diabetes, in the hope that future generations can live in a world without this disease. Together, we can all make a difference!

If you are interested in making a donation, please refer to my fundraising site by clicking HERE and leave a comment with this post. And, thank you, in advance for helping to make a difference!

P.S. For those of you unfamiliar with my sister, check out her blog HERE.

13 comments:

Shannon said...

That's the same date my ride is! Super!!

Jess said...

Sounds like you'll have a fun time doing the ride.

Also I had no idea your sister had a blog! What rock have I been living under?

Bethany + Ryan said...

This sounds like a fun adventure! I've always wanted to do a charity ride! Good luck!

Bethany + Ryan said...

BTW, i tried to find your blog awhile ago but i couldn't remember the title of it, all i remembered was "teacherwoman," I tired a few searches with teacherwoman but obviously nothing came up. I was just reading another blog and saw that you commented AHA! i found you again! :-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

wonderful cause

Jamie said...

I love racing for good causes.
My dad also has diabetes. I am so glad you are doing this! :) Good luck and I can't wait to hear about it.

Today's Triumph said...

Hey - thanks for the shout out!! Good luck fundraising! Love ya!

Erika said...

I'm glad to finally be back! This race looks amazing! Good luck with your fund raising!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Good for you for doing this... I think you'll have a lot of fun and raise money for a good cause at the same time :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you are doing this. I follow your sister's blog and love reading about her journey. As someone how is married to a T1 (and he was diagnosed when we were just dating), it's nice to see her working so actively at managing the disease. Make sure you say hi to any of the Team Type 1 riders that might be there - they are an awesome group! :)

Marci said...

Great cause, good luck with your fundraising!

Wes said...

remind often! I keep some charity funds for stuff like this!

SavvyFitChica said...

That's awesome! I'll definitely donate w/ some of our "giving" money in February. It will be mid-month or so... keep you posted.

Thank you for doing this & raising money and such.