Thursday, July 9, 2009

Change in wardrobe

Swim practice was a no-go this morning. Something to do with rain, thunder, and 35-40mph wind gusts. I was thinking it was going to get moved to the pool at one of the high schools but that wasn't the case.

Instead, practice was moved to tomorrow at the same time, same place. I knew I wouldn't be going tomorrow; I just didn't want to kick out 2500-3000M the day before the tri. So, I opted to sleep in a bit this morning and then head to the Y to do a short swim - 1000M freestyle, followed by 200M kick.... done and done.

Last night, while on a short bike ride, I tried out the tri shorts I was given from a friend (the same one that is doing this tri with me). I wasn't too pleased with how they felt on, or how they fit, but they were fine on the bike. After my ride, I went with her to Scheels, since she wanted to check out the tri shorts selection, and ended up getting talked into trying on a one piece tri suit. And... it fit, comfortably. So, I have made yet another change in my wardrobe! It just made more sense to spend that much on a one piece, rather than spending more on two separate pieces.

Well, this my friends will probably be my last post before the race. Thanks for all the positive comments and words of wisdom during my training. You all have been wonderful! I am so excited for Saturday's race!

Until next time, have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

16 comments:

IronGambit said...

that weather is coming this way, but today was freaking awesome! :)

Michelle said...

Stacy,
GOOD LUCK SATURDAY!!!!

GOOD GOOD LUCK SATURDAY!!!!!

M

Kelly said...

Good luck, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!!!

I think the one piece tri suit is the way to go...I'm probably going to buy one next week!

Holly said...

Good luck on Saturday! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

good luck and have fun.

Kevin said...

Good Luck!!!

Runner Leana said...

Good luck on your race!! I cannot wait to hear how it goes, although of course I know you are going to rock it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes. You're going to do great! :)

Mike said...

Good Luck! Have an awesome race!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have lots of fun! Can't wait to read all about it.

Marlene said...

Good luck and enjoy the experience!!

Jess said...

Best of luck this weekend!

Wes said...

I like my one piece! You have a blast!!

Carolina John said...

Good luck girl! you're going to love it! cant' wait to see some pics and read the race report.

Lily on the Road said...

You GO GIRL! have a GREAT time and I can hardly wait to read all about it!

COTY said...

Good Luck ! Cant wait to read your update