Thursday, June 19, 2008

Water, water, water....

The past four days seemed to go by really fast. Throw in a late night of softball, 4+ hours of working out, and a busy evening with my Mom and youngest sister who were in town last night/today ... all left me feeling a bit tired this evening.

Our temps are finally reaching above 80 degrees! I blame today's sluggishness to the combination of going, going, going, all week, an afternoon of put-put in the sun today, and not enough water. I am usually very good about getting enough water, from the moment I wake up until I crawl into bed.

However, I have been slacking on the hydration a bit this week, and it was definitely apparent today. I was so tired today that I didn't make it too the cycle group ride. And you know I am not myself when I don't make it to that ... especially considering the weather hasn't been that cooperative lately... until today. Today.... it was a perfect 82 degrees with a slight cool breeze, but I just could not get myself to go. I opted for a nice walk and then an hour of Turbo Sculpting and Abs.

I love my Turbo Jam. I purchased this a couple years ago, but haven't really used it much in the past year. The video selection consists of Learn and Burn (30 min), Turbo Sculpt (40 min), Ab Jam (20 min), 20 Minute Workout, and Cardio Party (45 min). Supposedly it does wonders for the metabolism! It's the only kind of exercise video that I have really enjoyed and seen results. Now, if I can incorporate it into my regular routine, we should see some very necessary changes.... soon?

12 comments:

Viv said...

I hope the hydration gets in check. I always get a pain in the back when it is off. Great job on the Turbo Jams. It sounds like a heck of a workout!

Kevin said...

Turbo jam sounds interesting. Hopefully you get your hydration in check soon

Marcy said...

1) Love the new banner
2) Drink up that h2o baby!!
3) I had a really weird dream about you. You, Kevin Garnett, and I were all taking a HS art class together?!?! I dont' know that the heck that was about HAHAHAA

Ms Eva said...

The new banner is great!

I feeling I need better hydration as well. Yesterday, an hour or so after my run, I popped open a Hansen's soda. I couldn't finish it... it did nothing for my thirst. I gave it to the kiddos and guzzled a tall, cold one. Water, that is!

L*I*S*A said...

I hear ya on the hydration thing. It's hard for me to drink enough water when I'm at work at night, but I'm going to do my best to get that turned around.

Unknown said...

new header? very cute!!

stay hydrated. dehydration is no good.

akshaye said...

Nice banner.. and how can you not drink enough. I look at your blog and I feel like I am in an aquarium with all this blue :)

Finally going above 80.. that would be March in Ga!

Holly said...

It's amazing how not getting enough water during the day makes such a difference in how we feel.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made the right decision to skip the cycle group. It probably wouldn't have helped with hydration. Keep drinking up and rest. I am sure you will feel better tomorrow.

Neese said...

I eat at least every 2 hours, the key is eating celery..or something very low calorie... for lunch I keep it light (turkey),no breads yogurt, banana, dinners I go a little crazier but I think it's the eating SOMETHING more often and small portions that is making me lose.

Neese said...

P.S.
I heard eating a big ass burger like that once a week while you diet actually "shocks" the body and doesn't hurt the diet...

Jess said...

The new blog banner is sweet, chica! Drink up and feel more balanced!