Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Update

It has become apparent to me that I am struggling to keep up with this blog, but I am no where near ready to leave the blog world. I peek into your worlds from time to time but don't always leave a comment. Please accept my appologies.

Moving on.

What can I say, the new year has been a busy one at work and at play. January has been an exceptionally busy month of assessments, meetings, trainings, committee meetings, with some good workouts and fun times in the mix. Life IS good.

I haven't run at all for the past week and a half and have enjoyed the time to get in some more time in the saddle and under water. I have been going to BODYPUMP class at least once every week, if not every five days. I went to a Yoga class last week on my day off and it left little to be desired. I was truly disappointed with the instructors desire to fill us with random yoga facts and his personal believes on cleansing and so forth. I would have much rather enjoyed an hour of intense stretching, strengthening, and flexibility. Silly instructor let us know of all the times he teaches Yoga, so now I know which classes to AVOID at all costs.

This past weekend I was inflicted with the flu bug and it pretty much came out of nowhere. I had traveled back west to attend the BF's Christmas party and see family, but ended up spending most of the weekend on the down low. By Saturday night, I was feeling a lot better and we still attended the Christmas party for a few hours. I was present, but wasn't able to really take advantage of ALL of the wonderful appetizers and OPEN BAR. Oh well, it was fun to meet some of the BF's co-workers and their spouses. The BF took good care of my sick self all weekend. What can I say, I am a lucky girl!

Today I am finally at 100% and was able to hit the gym for a short ride. Next week, I hope to get back into a running routine and jump start my Go Far Challenge training schedule! Let's hope that my shin gives me the good-to-go sign and we can get rollin'!

Are you training for anything specific at the moment?

20 comments:

James said...

No worries about keeping up with the blogosphere. If it gets too much, just post when you can. I miss your comments, but again, don't feel like you have to.

Emz said...

Bummer on the flu.

YAY for back at 100%!!

Aimee said...

I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the blogs too. There's just something about this time of year...

I'm sorry you had the flu! That sucks! But, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Joel said...

"I peek into your worlds from time to time"...sounds naughty ;-)

Marlene said...

TOTALLY know what you mean being busy with work and play. Sometimes there do not seem to be enough hours - but I would prefer to have more hours added to evenings and weekends! :)

Wes said...

I would rather you feel comfortable posting and commenting "whenever" then have you "go away" :-)

We're going sub-2 in our next half mary! right? right!!

Jen said...

I too thought January was going to be nice and calm but it's totally the opposite!! That sucks you had the flu, so happy you're feeling better now!

justme said...

i am starting feb 1 working with a coach to train for my first olympic tri in july

AM! said...

love the 'random update' title. perrfect.
and yes! i too peek around all the time at yours and other's blogs.

good to hear you're not leavin' us anytime soon;-)

Nat said...

Uh. I feel your pain! I have the flu right now and have had it since Sunday. I am praying to be normal by tomorrow!

Carly said...

I'm not training for anything specific, just trying to whittle down a bit.
And the running has been all indoors lately so I'm looking forward to warmer temps!
Glad you're feeling better!

Marci said...

Glad you are feeling better, and don't put pressure to comment, its supposed to be fun!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I don't blame you- I've been crazy busy lately too. I'm sorry the flu found you but I'm glad you were well taken care of!

kelsey @ kelseytoney said...

I've been an AWFUL commenter lately. I feel ya...

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

yay for feeling 100%!!! Keep staying positive and focus on what you CAN do, every day of the week (even if it is only a walk). I love that you are doing strength training!
-marn

My Life said...

Hang in there and take extra good care of yourself during this wintery flu season!

Jess said...

I've missed you while you've been writing less, but I totally understand the need to pull away sometimes because life gets in the way. Hope you're feeling well rested and that your shins give you the go ahead with training!

Mom on the Run said...

Yuck to the flu! I have been crazy and not been reading my favorite blogs. I am trying to catch up now!

Hope all is well!!

One Little Jill said...

boo to the flu!

I am just enjoying the off season! I purposely planned my first races for later in the year so that I didn't feel the pressure I did last year. So far, it is working!

SavvyFitChica said...

oh girl, your year has started off so similar to mine. I'm barely blogging right now- maybe once or twice a week if I'm lucky. I've mostly been sick so no workouts to blog about. February will hopefully be better for both of us!