Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Thursday, August 11, 2011
- Just keep swimming! I absolutely love how swimming makes me feel. The feeling of jumping into the pool and just gliding through the water. It get this sense of clarity, as I often spend a lot of my swim clearning my mind. Something I feel I can do more swimming than running or biking. But, after a mile or more of swimming, I am sometimes left with a feeling of complete exhaustion. After Monday's swim workout of 2400 Yds, I came home and fell asleep for a half hour. After waking I felt so groggy and out of sorts. Anyone else deal with this and how can I overcome this? Is it something with nutrition?
- Running with the fiance.... J and I have ran together in the morning before he heads off to work a handful of times. These runs have been some of my favorite runs this summer. This morning was absolutely gorgeous - 58*, cool, no humidity, and we got to witness how beautiful our surrounding neighborhood is with the sun coming up and pink skies. I look forward to more runs down the road. I wonder if I am going to be able to get him to join me for outdoor runs this fall/winter as the mornings will be dark and cold?!
- Hills ... I have never really been fond of hills. I mean, who is? Over the past 10+ years, whether I was living in Grand Forks or Fargo, there were minimal hills to run. In all honesty, I don't think there was a single hill in either city, unless you count a bridge going over the interstate or railroad tracks. Now that I have moved back to the central part of the state, there are more hills, trees, beautiful scenic views.... And in our neighborhood? You can't run a mile without going up or down a hill. And I love it! There's a hill a couple blocks from our house that I couldn't run all the way up today, but I am bound and determined to conquer that hill this summer!
Monday, August 8, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
- All moved in! This past Saturday, with the help of many friends and family, we were moved into our new home! We are still working to figure out where everything is going to go. Not working right now has allowed me to spend most of the day unpacking, organizing, re-organizing, and cleaning at my own pace. Pictures to come soon!
- Still Jobless.... yes, I am still looking for work. In fact, it seems like more positions are opening up as we are getting closer to the start of school, but still really no jobs in my area. It's so frustrating, but I am trying to make the most of it and hope something good will come of this situation.
- Workouts have been sporadic, but I am still trying to get in 5 workouts a week. The past week has been a little crazy with moving but I am doing something. I just wish I had something I was training for... hmmm..